November 25, 2014

Duchovny almost done negotiating X-Files 2 movie

by Joel Keller, posted Mar 27th 2007 5:42PM
Gillian Anderson and David DuchovnyOur friends at sister site Cinematical have some good news for any remaining fans of The X-Files: a second theatrical film, which star David Duchovny has been talking about making for a few years now, is closer to being a reality. During a set visit to Duchovny's currently shooting film The TV Set, IESB.net found out from the actor that negotiations are currently in their final stages, and that the film should start filming in 2008 or sooner.

According to IESB, Duchovny had mentioned the possibility of a second X-Files movie in 2005; instead of an alien conspiracy plot, though, Scully and Mulder would be engaged in a "standalone supernatural horror film," as IGN reported back then. That's probably a good idea, since the series ended five years ago (and most people stopped watching soon after the first movie frustrated die-hard fans way back in 1998). Continuing the conspiracy storyline would feel like they were beating the pile of dog food that the dead horse was made into. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a glimpse of the Cigarette Smoking Man again...

S Caylor

I recently watched the finale again. Since the aliens are supposed to be colonizing on 12-22-'12, I really would love to see a movie about that. The suspence on the show when the aliens were around was tremendous, and I think it would make a very good movie if done right. The only other thing they could do is a stand alone where Mulder and Scully are investigating something on their own that may tie in with the whole alien colonization (or they think it does at first) and it's a monster of the week type thing. In that case, they would have to make a third movie about the colonization.

June 08 2007 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HeiDee

Ok I'm sorry, I meant whoever wrote that article. My bad. Anyway, I am also looking forward to a second X-files feature film! Ok so a little more than looking forward to. I would like to see some closure, however, the X-files was based on mystery, and if that is what we are left with, then so be it. I hope they delve into the M+S relationship some more, because that is one of the main factors of the show, paranormal yes, but also relationships and humanity. I also hope, dont kill me, Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish appear in the feature, because they did such a good job at trying to fill the impossibly huge shoes David Duchovny left behind. They should be applauded. I can't wait to see my two fav agents back on the big screen!

April 27 2007 at 5:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HeiDee

Whoever posted this is seriously ****** up! The first X-files movie was great, for those paying attention anyway....
I don't understand anyone getting all bent out of shape because the series didn't follow their small plain of view. It is what it is. Get over it. It's a TV show written by some excellent people. I watched to the very end, and never seen anything wrong with it. In fact I loved it. So sue me because I don't belive in controlling every aspect of the universe. Chris Carter, you are awesome!

April 27 2007 at 5:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danascully

the x files 2 movie is going to be amazing, just like the show i have being watching it since i was 7 i'm not 21 and it's such an influential show. so many shows have relied on the x files so show them the way.
gillian and david truly are mulder and scully. gillian said it herself no-one else should play scully. they have my full support i just wish it would all come together a bit sooner. i'll give them ahand writing it. i'm sure my 14 years experience could come in handy

April 16 2007 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephanie

I don't care when or how it comes out as long as it does. I have been, and will be a fan of "Mulder and Scully" and will gladly see anything that brings them back together, whether it's in a year or 10 years I'll be there!!

April 13 2007 at 2:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JJ

This is too good to be true! Fox please give us closure, we're tired of waiting. I don't care what the movie will be about as long as there's a movie!
I think they should have a MOTW type movie but keep the storyline and give us closure. I would like to see the ending of the Super Soldiers program and it would be wonderful for Mulder and Scully to have William back, they should make this a short part in the movie (the Soldiers and William), but have a new theme for the movie. It'll be great to see our fave agents in action again and maybe they'll have more to come, make it like the Star Trek movies (Is this asking too much?). Anyways, i'm exstatic with this new news, know we all are. Fox, we never gave up. Long live the X-Files indeed!

April 07 2007 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kristy

Paul that link you have there was an april fools joke. look at the date on the blog and follow the links they have in the story. click on the "her replacement" then on "Gillian Anderson has announced that she will not be returning" then on CarterEsque.com

this was posted at the bottom of the last page.

to think so many failed to click the "carteresque.com" link within this story or failed to spell out 'Loop Lirpa' backwards.... serves them right! APRIL FOOLS!!!!).

April 03 2007 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

http://bondpapers.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-x-files-movie-in-08.html Kristy, thanks for clearing that up...I should know better than to believe what I read online.

April 03 2007 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Just read her site, nevermind..its good to hear it from her...wouldnt be the same without her..one online site has her being replaced by Julianne Moore http://bondpapers.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-x-files-movie-in-08.html

April 03 2007 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Several online items have mentioned that Gillian Anderson wants no part of it...any other news on it?

April 03 2007 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply