July 29, 2014

Prison Break: Fin Del Camino

by Paul Goebel, posted Mar 27th 2007 9:21AM

Robert Knepper(S02E21) I have always loved Prison Break and I am rarely disappointed with an episode. Tonight, however, made me look forward to the season finale.

I understand that with the finale looming, many story lines have to be set up before they can be settled, but does it have to all be set up in one episode? All the exposition after Michael showed up in Panama made me feel like I was watching a documentary. Teddy's got the money, Bellick's got Maricruz and Micheal wants to stop Teddy. Yes, I get it already. When Teddy trapped Michael, Sucre and Bellick in the room and Michael yelled, "It's a setup!" I actually laughed out loud.

Haven't we all learned by now that when a military man put on his dress uniform in a hotel room he only has one thing on his mind? The set up took so long I wanted to commit suicide! However, I will admit that Kellerman's entrance into the courtroom was a welcome sight. Nobody wants to see Sara end up in jail and if he can help her then he may finally get the absolution he is searching for.

I did enjoy seeing Sara's trial, mainly cause I now know exactly what she's being charged with. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was aiding a fugitive, conspiracy, treason or just dying her hair to a color that doesn't compliment her complexion. If she does get convicted, I hope the prison has a tanning bed.

I enjoyed the reunion in Panama and I only wish that someone had taken the time to raise a glass to the guys who couldn't make it. The non-surprises continued when Linc took Mahone out of the picture and then, of course, ended up getting himself caught. Wasn't that the whole point of season one? He's NOT a killer.

The other thing I liked about this episode was how T Bag refused to give up. Clearly the T stands for tenacious. Teddy became my favorite character long ago and most of the credit has to go to Robert Knepper. Only a gifted actor can make the audience feel sorry for demented reprobate like T Bag. I can't wait to see if he loses his other hand.

Overall I found this episode a snooze but if they can make it up to me in the finale next week, I'll probably be able to forgive them.

Chris S.

I have to 2nd the comment by SOyuncastor #15, ever since they got to Panama, it has been driving me crazy, wearing jackets, and Mike in a hoody, it's 95 degrees outside, if the temp drops down to 70F in Panama, its FREEZING!!! Panama is only about 500 miles north of the equator. The scenes in Mexico you could see there breath... ok maybe its winter and they are in the mountains, but on the beach in Panama?????? Also, Mahone in taxi (in Panama), on phone to wife, background scenery is of brown trees no leaves, like you would see in the winterime much much further north like in Illinios, Panama is jungle and green everwhere you look..

But just my observations...

Chris in Maryland

March 29 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SOyuncastor

the only fake in prison brake is how scoffield is in panama and its wearing those thick clothes... if I were a guy who didn't want to gather all the atention to myself I wouldn't be wearing winter clothes in a weather that is almost 35 degrees (centigrades) / almost 100 fahrenheit.

March 27 2007 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tyler

Wouldn't it be easier for Michael to just shoot Mahone?Then he could just take the key off his body and leave with his brother....just make sure he's dead this time. When Mahone was talking with Pam he said something about doing something and everything else falling in place...was he planning on Linc to show up?

March 27 2007 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sanna

So did Bellick have 3 guns stuffed at the back of his pants?

March 27 2007 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julie

#11 I think Kravecki was Kellerman's nom de guerre if you will...

I, personally, thoroughly enjoyed this episode along with the past few. Next week will be very sad because it's gonna be a looooooong time to next season...

March 27 2007 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marty

If T-Bag looses his good arm... would that make him (h)armless

March 27 2007 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

I loved when T-Bag was trying to remove the knife with his fake hand, I know its sad but it was funny.

March 27 2007 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allen Mendelsohn

Agree with Aaron about the time line of Sara's trial (though as Sarah said, they were not in deliberations yet). As a lawyer, it was driving me crazy. Even if they were not in deliberations, it was IN THE MIDDLE of the trial already!!! That is so beyond impossible it's riculous. Just preliminary matters of a trial that high profile would take months. Months!! Picking a jury alone would take at least a week. Bellick plea-bargaining in a week is at least plausible.

But overall I liked the ep. Good set up for the finale, plenty of action, T-Bag rules. I thought it was fun to see them all together in Panama City. Can't wait for next week!

March 27 2007 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GloryB

I could not beleive that Linc could not take Mahone. But I guess they have to keep the story going, don't they? I sure hope the brothers get away with the money after all they have been through. I can't wait to see what happens next week. I LOVE this show!

March 27 2007 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trevor

I was surprised by the review, all season you've been applauding the writers anytime Michael feels guilt for everything that has happened due to his actions. One of the main plot lines of this episode was him trying to take out T Bag to make it right.

One thing that didn't make sense to me--Kellerman's suicide note was addressed to his sister, also named Kellerman. But isn't his real name Owen Kravecki? How is his sister also named Kellerman?

March 27 2007 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply