April 24, 2014

The Grey's Anatomy spin-off gets a working title

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 28th 2007 7:19PM
Kate WalshThe much anticipated Grey's Anatomy spin-off got a working title. BuddyTV.com reveals the the Addison-centric show will be titled Private Practice. The title, revealed by ABC during a media buyers event, is quite fitting the new series as Private Practice will revolve around various doctors, including Addison, working at a wellness center in Los Angeles. ABC says that the title is not set in stone (it's a working title) and they could change it at any time.

Even if ABC is advertising episodes 3.22 and 3.23 of Grey's Anatomy as "the potential Addison spin-off," it is almost a given that it will become a series on its own as it will surely attract many viewers not only because it's a Grey's spin-off but also because of its cast: Kate Walsh, Tim Daly, Taye Diggs, Merrin Dungey, Amy Brenneman, Paul Adelstein and Chris Lowell. Yes, some of these have been part of many series that have failed to get renewals (Diggs was part of ABC's Day Break, and Daly was the lead of Eyes and The Nine), but all should help attract viewers.

The two-hour spin-off episode will air in May.

charlene s

Thought the show was interesting and had a lot of possibilities. Sure most of the stars were from cancelled shows but that just means they are actors who have been working!!!

May 15 2007 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrea

I'm very excited about the new spin-off show. The title though is a different story. It sounds so bland like hospital food.

May 15 2007 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cometcat

I have to say I wanted to love "Private Practice", but I was very disappointed! Addison was such a wonderful character on Grey's and then to suddenly change before our eyes into a weak misdirected soul, was hard to watch!
The show and the actors seemed very uncomfortable with each other...I didn't want to invest the time to try and get to know them. Where Gray's seems to have such a variety of character's, this show was nothing short of boring. All that writing talent, and all they could come up with was a pregnant woman with the stupidest story line I have ever seen? A surfer boy, that most wouldn't look twice at, and a medical setting that seemed more like a place you'd go to have your taxes done.
Stop now before Addison is ruined and put her back in Seattle.

May 11 2007 at 4:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leh

I enjoyed it.....

May 10 2007 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrea

I love Grey's Anatomy and i really hope that this spin off gets picked up. Thursday only left me hanging for more.Never missed an episode of Grey's and I would be the same with this new show. The cast, the storyline all had me hooked.

May 08 2007 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

I was so glad to see Amy Brenneman on the spinoff. I loved her on Judging Amy, and was disappointed when her program was cancelled. I thought she was great, and she still is great on -- whatever it ends up -- Private Practice. Even if the spinoff doesn't work, the writers should incorporate a prominent and permanent role for Amy Brenneman in Grey's Anatomy.

May 04 2007 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaime

I actually ended up turning off my FAVORITE show last night b/c I was very dissapointed! I didn't enjoy the "added" show and I felt like I was watching something completely different! Why can't they just leave well enough alone! Grey's rocks-don't try to copy it! Like someone else has said about it-they tried to "spin-off" Friends and that CRASHED AND BURNED!!

May 04 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat Alexander

So we are watching this stupid spin off right now and it sucks. All we wanted was to watch some Grey's but instead we got this crappy spin off. I hope this show doesn't take off so Addison will stay on Grey's. Boooooooo! Stop talking to elevators, stereotyping LA and GO BACK TO SEATTLE!

May 04 2007 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mediha

I'm sorry but Private Practice(the sin off) isn't going to work out...or at least it shouldn't. Grey's Anatomy would have been a great episode by itself but the cheesiness of Private Practice took over. We want the good ol' Grey's Anatomy back...Just Grey's Anatomy!

May 04 2007 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anna

I just finished watching the two hour special and I sincerly hope they make this a sieries. I left my tv wanting more the cast was funny and interesting. It has some real potential and I would be an avid veiwer.

May 03 2007 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply