August 23, 2014

South Park: The Snuke

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 29th 2007 11:22AM

south park(S11E04) This was a hilarious episode, and yet I couldn't help but feel it's the sort of episode that comes easy to its creators. The "snuke in Hillary's snizz" gag wasn't exactly inspired, considering the very first episode centered on a gigantic satellite in Cartman's ass and just last season another episode focused on Oprah's "minge." Then there was Cartman's fart torture and the scene toward the end where the Queen shoots herself, both of which I laughed at quite uproariously but that still seemed a bit too easy by South Park standards.

That isn't to say the whole episode should be written off. The 24 parody was perfect with Cartman in the Jack Bauer role, tracking down a Muslim kid he suspects of terrorist activity. I loved how Cartman whispered loudly for dramatic effect, and how both the kids and the government used basic Web sites like Google, Mapquest, Pay Pal, eBay, MySpace and eHarmony to piece together what turned out to be an elaborate plan to help the British finally get payback for that whole American Revolution thing. I also loved that the British attacked on old ships, which meant it took the U.S. fighter planes about three seconds to wipe them out completely.

All in all, not a bad episode, save for a few uninspired moments. I thought the jabs at Hillary were quite funny, especially when she decides to speak in a kind of "small town redneck" drawl in order to connect with the people of South Park. The show has done better, but this episode had enough laughs that I'm not going to complain too much.

Jason

I loved this episode...a lot of the guys in my dorm thought the "dog" episode was awesome, but I feel Cartman was just hilarious in this one. Right from the start, when the foreign kid is first introduced and Cartman is saying "Nooooo"...I just knew this was gonna be hilarious, loved his voice in this episode. Great episode...on the surface, and below with all the political commentary.

April 05 2007 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mullet4evr

Man, I got out of SP for a few years. I started back up about 2 years ago. They get better every week!!

The thought that Trey and Matt put into making it so much like 24 is absurd.

Cartman = Jack Bauer
Kyle = Chloe O'Brien

"snatch - the technical term for vagina" - a classic

The British with muskets on the ship?? I couldn't stop cracking up!

I LOVE my TIVO!!!

March 30 2007 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted

This episode had me laughing so hard I had coughing fits. You have to be familiar with "24" to get some of the stuff.

I loved the part where Cartman says "I'm going to upload a photo from my cell phone" and Stan is seriously studying it. "What's this?" "My balls!"

March 30 2007 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chet

Pitch-perfect "24" parody. I haven't watched "24" in two years, and this episode of South Park reminded me why. The flashing-12:00:00 slayed me.

March 29 2007 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

This episode was awesome... you can't go wrong with that annoying telephone ring!

March 29 2007 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I'm not a South Park fan, but when I heard they were doing a 24 spoof I couldn't resist checking it out. Boy, did they get it right! The part with Hillary with the nuke up her *** was a bit much, but I loved everything else. The split screens, the Russians, the CTU ring tone, the Jack-on-the-cellphone talking to Chloe-on-the-computer take-off, the Bill Buchanan look-alike, the falsely accused muslims being tortured (by smelly farts), and Homeland Security taking over the bedroom, all were spot-on. The South Park creators clearly "get" 24.

March 29 2007 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathan

Great just great...a snuke in her snatch...lol I haven't been a south park fan before this last season and a half. I can't believed I missed this great show for so many year. http://throwthemind.com

March 29 2007 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Matisoff

I loved this episode. Somehow Trey and Matt managed to fit an entire season's worth of action, drama, suspense, and ridiculousness into a 22 minute South Park episode. So many scenes were outright hilarious (Cartman on the phone with Kyle, then 'running' to the other side of town ... Kyle/Chloe using Google/MySpace/YouTube to find the terrorists ... teh blinking 12:00 ... Any scene with the Brits ... I could go on and on)

March 29 2007 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy

This was not my fave episode, but that's partly my fault because I had HUGE expectations knowing that Cartman going after a Muslim kid.

I did love the 24 parody, especially when Cartman was on the phone doing the split-screen thing, and he realizes he's standing right next to the guy he's talking to and the split screen dissolves to show the guy.

I also liked how Kyle & Stan were using Kyle's computer in his bedroom, and Homeland Security barges in and announces that they're "taking over this department!" :D

March 29 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Haggis

Don't forget about Hill-Dawg!

I'm referring to her as that name from now on.

The Daily Haggis - http://www.dailyhaggis.com/