October 24, 2014

Top Model's marriage under a microscope

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Mar 29th 2007 3:41PM
Natasha is getting bullied and its not right. There is a fine line between completely deluded and a wicked gut instinct.
Many women have problems distinguishing between the two when it comes to analyzing the relationships of themselves and others. Thank god we have the cameras on 24/7 on America's Next Top Model to further investigate this.

On reality shows there seems to be a bully mentality, where the majority of the cast members focus on one person of interest to berate and mentally annihilate. On America's Next Top Model, this person has become Natasha. We have visited this situation before when she first revealed that she married her husband at 18, nearly 21 years her senior.

I am starting to have more compassion for Natasha and am going to change my tune out of principle. Maybe I'm a different blogger lately.
Not a fan of the reality show bully bandwagon complex, nor is it fair to support the scrutinizing of a contestant's relationship when the premise of the show is purely based on superficial needs. Take good pictures, smile and try not to be a bitch to Tyra and you'll win. What does it matter what you do behind closed doors?

Sure, she married young. Sure she's only known and been married to this dude for three years since her bio says she is 21. We should remember that everyone has a right to live their life the way they want. No one has a right to bring anyone else to tears. Crying on a reality show is just a red flag that you are on your way out quick.

suppressedmadness

perhaps Natasha's marriage isn't such a bad thing for HER.The exchange on the phone w/ her husband seemed very sweet & genuine,anyhow, she was simply amazing and entertaining during the tranny photo shoot, the entire room at the shoot was riveted. I was riveted.

March 30 2007 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Miles

Just trying to do my part.

March 30 2007 at 7:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morisa

Marriage sometimes becomes people's burden.They consider it changes their life and individuality. So the rate of divorce increased more faster than before.But there has a freedom club which everyone can match each other .Moreover, they are in favor of interracial match.
www.interracialmatch.com/i/w

March 29 2007 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r.r.r.

Even if Natasha wasn't married to some older guy, she still annoying as hell. Every time Natasha talks one on one with the camera, I feel like handing her a brush and some styling gel. Those girls are going to give her a hard time about her marriage because they're bitches. Not all women act like that...but bitches do. You can quote me on that. ;)

March 29 2007 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A.S

Wow. I was going to respond, but I think Miles broke my daily judgemental metre.

March 29 2007 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Miles

Of course those women are going to pick on someone, they're women. But to say that Natasha's disgusting marriage shouldn't be scrutinized and questioned is lame. She is a mail order bride. Her husband is a creep.

And no matter how nice she comes off, Natasha is gold digger that married some old American for money. As soon as her modeling career blows up, she'll leave him and live a life without some creep to hold her down.

March 29 2007 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

Being very male and somewhat surprised that I got addicted to this show, this situation with Natasha was the first time the show raised ire in me.

The look on her face when she could overhear the other two discussing her marriage just broke my heart. I wanted to fly to L.A. and commence to chokin' those chicks.

I understand that all of these women are rather young and not so world-wise, but that was some straight-up high school annihilation there.

Poor girl. My heart goes out to her.

March 29 2007 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply