April 20, 2014

7th Heaven cancelled?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 30th 2007 8:02PM
7th HeavenI'm sure most fans of the series expected this news since The WB had already canceled 7th Heaven last season before The CW decided to resurrect it so it would have some long-time running shows in its launching schedule. According to the Watch With Kristin column at E! Online, the cast and crew of the series have been told today that the series would not return for a twelfth season.

7th Heaven stars Stephen Collins, Beverley Mitchell, Catherine Hicks, Mackenzie Rosman, and many more. It also introduced us to Barry Watson and Jessica Biel just to name two.

No matter what we think about the series, it made TV history when, in its 10th season, 7th Heaven became the longest running family drama on TV.

New episodes (and possibly the final episodes of the series) will resume on Sunday April 8 on The CW.

Rose de Jager

it can't be over they just said that Lucy is going to have another baby its not over just yet it will be in another 4-5 years

May 07 2007 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

You are sick Lisa.

March 31 2007 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

The two shows 7th Heaven and Gilmore Girls might be in the old format of family values, but those ideals are so far from reality today. In between high school homework, sports, working and social events, it's the one of the few times I can keep the tv on and actually look forward to a few of my teenagers sitting down to watch tv with me that matter... Regular season or reruns, they are a good part of our family.

March 31 2007 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Promises, promises. 7'th Heaven is like zit that won't go away. I was glad to see it end last year, thought it was one of the biggest mistakes in tv history to bring it back in reduced form, and can only pray this is true.

BTW, I didn't get into Everwood until I saw it in reruns on ABC Family. One episode had more depth and imagination than eleven years of 7'th Heaven.

March 31 2007 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FrakYou

It took them 12 years but they've finally proven that there is a God.

March 31 2007 at 1:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Don't tease me with this news, Isabelle. I've heard this promise before, and yet this dreadful, sick, twisted show with its perverted family values rose again from the dead like one of Buffy's vampires. I'll believe it's been cancelled when I've staked it myself through its cold, dead heart.

March 31 2007 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I'm with those who felt Everwood should have been renewed instead of 7th Heaven or even One Tree Hill. Everwood was much more enjoyable but I guess it didn't even get decent ratings on ABC Family because they only showed the reruns once so far.

March 31 2007 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVSeriesFinale.com

No big shock really.

March 30 2007 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Can Veronica Mars take its time slot PLEASE!!! All the CW has that is watchable is Smallville and Veronica Mars. They need to re-tool their other crap.

March 30 2007 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike m

this show hasn't been very good for awhile now. I won't mind seeing it go.

March 30 2007 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply