Michael Emerson on the Locke-Ben conflict
Michael Emerson, better known as Ben Linus on Lost, sat down with TV Guide's Matt Webb Mitovitch to go over the shocking events of "The Man From Tallahassee," his past career accomplishments, and what lies in store for the rest of the season. Among the highlights:
- The final episodes of Season Three will focus on the "renewed battle of wills between Locke and Ben."
- Fans can expect more "huge" reveals in the remaining episodes.
- Locke's reunion with Cooper will not be dealt with right away, but the issue will come back several episodes later, "with a vengeance."
- Emerson describes co-star Naveen Andrews as "playful," Matthew Fox as "focused," and Terry O'Quinn as "mellow."
- He cites his work on The Practice as his most memorable television work (before Lost, of course).
- He made his Broadway debut in The Iceman Cometh, performing alongside film stars Kevin Spacey and Paul Giamatti.
- Many of the two-person, high risk scenes in Lost remind Emerson of performing onstage.
- Filming for Season Four begins in early August of this year.
ABC's Lost airs on Wednesday at 10pm ET.