20 questions with Jimmy Pardo
1. Where were you born?
I was born on the south side of Chicago... that's the baddest part of town.
2. How many siblings do you have?
I have one brother
3. What did you study in college?
I didn't go to college. I went to "The American Academy Of Dramatic Arts". It was a lot like the movie "Fame" except for the dancing on cars.
4. Do you have any pets?
I am allergic to most animals. I grew up having cats. I am a fan of cats.
5. Do you have any nicknames?
The Shooter, The Daddy, Big Gun
6. What is your favorite restaurant?
I think Barone's Italian.
7. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently, 30 Rock all time: Happy Days
8. Who is your favorite band/musician?
The band Chicago
9. If you could live anyplace in the world where would it be?
I live there. I enjoy Los Angeles.
10. Who do you think should be the next President of the USA?
11. Did you always want to be a game show host?
From the second I saw Johnny Carson, I wanted to be a talk show host. The same can be said for game shows.
12. Which do you prefer performing live or on TV and why?
There is nothing like performing live, because of the instant feedback... however, TV pays better
13. Who was your favorite celebrity to work with?
I had the great pleasure of working with Paul Reiser. He treated me as a peer and he shouldn't have.
14. Do people often expect you to be a smartass when they meet you?
Even people I have become friends with have told me that they expected me to be a stand-offish smart-ass and couldn't believe how down to earth I am. The smart-ass thing is ramped up for the stage.
15. What is your favorite game show?
The Match Game followed closely by Family Feud.
16. Any thoughts on Richard Jeni?
He was one of the best stand-ups ever. People negate him for using hackneyed ideas, but he did them first... or better.
17. Who is funnier you or your wife, comedian Danielle Koenig?
Are you trying to get me divorced? She's a better writer than I am... but I'm one of the top comics in the country. Together we will rule the world! or at least our house.
18. When you started your podcast, Never Not Funny, did you have any idea it would be so popular?
19. What is the worst gig you've ever had?
Honestly, there are way too many to give you an answer. I spent a lot of years humping from crap-gig to crap-gig.
20. Is there anything you're not allergic to?
As I've just proven by answering all 20, dumb questions.