Idol gossip: Howard Stern wants to 'kill' Idol, and other odds and ends

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Apr 2nd 2007 10:43AM
Howard SternThe self-proclaimed "King of All Media," Howard Stern, wants to "kill" American Idol, and Eric the Midget isn't happy about that at all. When Stern first joined Vote for the Worst to support Sanjaya, I really thought it was a one-time bit. But Stern seems committed to disrupting Idol's game and destroying the show's credibility. How far will Sanjaya get? I'm thinking Top 5. If Stern continues to rally his fans, Sanjaya could go all the way.

American Idol wins FAVORITE TV SHOW! At the Nickelodeon's annual Kids' Choice Awards. Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul showed up this weekend to accept the award, but Simon Cowell was a no-show. Too bad, if ever anyone needed to get slimed . . .

According to the Nielsens, the Kids' Choice Awards show was watched by more 6-to-11-year-olds than American Idol. Who says kids today watch too much TV?

Last season's third place finisher, Elliot Yamin, has broken the soundscan record for the highest selling indie label debut ever. How soon before he outsells Taylor Hicks?

Singer Joss Stone thinks American Idol is becoming too cheesy. While a fan of the show when it first debuted, Stone now thinks that Idol has gone downhill. I think Idol has a lot more life in it (it's still a juggernaut!), but agree that the cheese (and the producers' greed) may eventually be the show's undoing.

Fourth Season finalist Constantine Maroulis has a new acting gig. Constantine will appear this summer on The Bold and the Beautiful as a fictional version of himself. I guess this means the fictional Constantine will also think he is more vocally talented and attractive than he really is.

Is Sanjaya Malakar going to donate his wavy locks to the follically-challenged Phil Stacey? It's not the worst idea I've heard.

Pat

I love American Idol.I think it should be judged fifty-fifty.Half by the judges and half by the american people,. there needs to be some control and this voting doesn't get out of hand.It would be a shame to let this program go down the tubes,when we have all enjoyed it so much.Howard Stern is just trying to be another Jones Cult leader and you the people are letting him. He is crass ugly and vulgar! Gee I guess thats why he is on a satalite radio, we cant stand the ugly bum on our radio or TV waves. I never watch him and never will. He loves all this attention. What better advertisment.

April 12 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ERIKA COCKRILL

Howard Stern is A ASS AND A JERK HE IS SIC GET A
LIFE

April 04 2007 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ida

AI should be judged for singing not the ratings . Inocent people are not getting justice for the truly good voices they have..

April 04 2007 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Misty

I love American Idol.I think it should be judged fifty-fifty.Half by the judges and half by the american people,so---there is some control and this voting doesn't get out of hand.It would be a shame to let this program go down the tubes,when we have all enjoyed it so---- much.Howard Stern go take a hike!

April 04 2007 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuck

some word to howard stern " GET A LIFE", I guess the only thing is does not hate in this life is himself.

April 04 2007 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

congrats to howard stern ,you have finally turned into one of the same jerks who tried to stop you from attaining your dream when you were just starting out . Remember what you went through on your way up? I guess you've forgotten. This is their chance succeed, why do you want to take it away from them? I guess your ego knows no limit

April 04 2007 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MPM

If Howard Stern commands the attention of so many morons in this country that he could destroy a popular tv show, we have bigger problems. I'm no big fan of AI, but given the caliber of Stern's show, he should be more worried that AI fans will destory his show.

April 04 2007 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steven cooper

hey who u to decide who can sing and who can't. It this not America. One man one vote...and the majority shall be the "decider". Quit the hating and racial slurs. Sanjaya a born american..let it be.

April 04 2007 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nennette

i think american idol is a great show i live in nigeria,was wondering do we out here stand to win anything at all after all we are fans of the show too and we watch religously

April 04 2007 at 5:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

I'm just about "over" with AI. There are no words to describe Howard Stern. He'll do anything to boost his crap ass ratings on Sirous radio which is about bankrupt..

April 03 2007 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply