April 24, 2014

7th Heaven canceled, again (really)

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 3rd 2007 1:21PM

7th HeavenIt looks like The Show That Would Not Die has actually died. For real this time.

As Isabelle mentioned last week, there was a rumor going around that the cast and crew of The CW's long-running drama 7th Heaven were told that the show had been canceled. And now the network confirms it. The show will air its last episode on May 13 at 8pm.

Last season it looked like the show was canceled, but the new CW network decided to give the show another season, suprising not just fans and other networks but I'm sure the cast and crew as well. No one really knows why the show was given another season, and I would have liked to have been in on the meeting where execs said "another year for 7th Heaven? Sure, what the hell."

So, for you fans who are still watching the show, how should it end?

desiree

i think it should end showing all the kids from matt and sarah with there kids,mary with her family,simon and who ever he is with now also lucy and the baby she is pregnant with and a happy ending

May 13 2007 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynsee

i think that 7th heaven would be stupid to stop shwing it and i will get rely mad because i love the show and it can not just end lik ehtis and yah dont end it please

May 08 2007 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARTHA

I LOVE THE SHOW. I THINK FOR THE ENDING THEY SHOULD HAVE THE WHOLE FAMILY TOGETHER & MAKE IT A HAPPY ENDING FOR A WONDERFUL SHOW.

MARTHA

April 27 2007 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

I think the rev to die and they have a funeral and since I love, love, love the whole T-bone and ruthie thing have them stay togethers and have the whole family break apart and be the show that has fans guessing even after it's gone but seriouly the only reason I watched 7th heaven this season was becasue of ruthie and t-bone

April 06 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jesjem

I agree with Ang. I too think it is one of the best family shows on T.V. If the show is so bad, why are you all watching it?

I have three boys ages 6, 11 & 15 and I think the way the show handles different issues at the various age levels is great.

My family also liked Everwood. but it was less appropriate for my youngest child.

April 04 2007 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat Sremcevic

7th Heaven was a good show. Enjoy watching it thur the years. Ending should show Ruthie and Martin getting together, the Rev reteiring and letting his daughter take over, her husband going back to work as a Detective and Ben findly graduating and getting on with his life either marry or whatever. Show Mary with her family and the oldest boy the doctor and his family. At least one family show end on a happy note.

April 04 2007 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

Can we please have one family oriented show on the networks?
This year was abysmal though, with all the homeless kids moving in with them...
Thank you for the first ten years 7th Heaven!!!
(It really hit me how much I missed Everwood as I watched Emily Van Camp act circles around everyone on Brother and Sisters the other night...)

April 04 2007 at 8:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Yeah, Ang, you left something out: "April Fools!"

Seriously--the best family-oriented show on television? Manson Family, maybe.

I think BC summed up the key problems with the notion of that being a family-oriented show. No, I'm with stephen--blowing up that whole family, with all their tertiary members (especially creepy, stalkerish, borderline-abusive Martin), is the only possible ending. Blow them up, bulldoze them over, and salt the earth.

April 03 2007 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

If you believe this is the best family oriented show on television, you have incredibly low standards. The writing is terrible. The acting is wooden. Since some of the actors have given good performances in other fare, I have to presume they're given bad direction. Brenda Hampton thinks it's a great show, she ius either an incompetent producer or extremely deluded, or possibly both. A show about Christians who never mention Jesus? But if they did it might create controversy, and avoiding controversy is this show's raison d'etre. And while their devotion to the message of abstinence for unmarried people is admirable, I am unpersuaded that having everyone marry as teenagers so they can copulate is a net positive. That the parents continually spy on their children is defensible in some cases; that they induce their children to spy on each other is a horrible example of parenting. I could go on, but clearly the show's zombie fans are beyond persuasion.

April 03 2007 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

You have to also kill Bobby Ewing so he can't end up in the shower telling us the end of the show was just a dream...

April 03 2007 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply