November 27, 2014

Six Degrees put on hiatus yet again; Wedding Bells stops production

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 3rd 2007 2:41PM

Six Degrees

Remember all that stuff about Six Degrees coming back? Never mind! ABC has pulled the show yet again. The show returned recently on Friday nights (which was a big surprise in itself), but almost no one watched. The show got terrible ratings. The move takes effect immediately. Something tells me this isn't a good sign for a second season.

So we have The Black Donnellys being pulled in favor of a reality show (The Real Wedding Crashers), and you're probably wondering what will replace Six Degrees in the time slot? That's right, a reality show! But this one is even more hard to take: they're replacing it with reruns of Wife Swap. Gah!

In other shows-going-on-hiatus news, David E. Kelley's The Wedding Bells has stopped production, though the remaining episodes will probably air. But don't hold your breath for a renewal.

Bash

Funny enough the whole rest of the world is already doing the BitTorrent thing staying ahead of the rest of their country for at least a half year if not a year.

I saw the last season of Dawson's Creek two years before it aired on saturday afternoons at 4 pm - what kind of time to air this show is that?! Or "Commander in Chief" which ended up in a monday night 1am (so actually tuesday) timeslot after not gaining an audience within three episodes.

Or "Enterprise" which ended up on Saturday evening at 7 and sunday morning at 10. *bleg*

(all those examples german television)

April 03 2007 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Backing Logan on this one

Brian: I do blame the viewers, I really do--but I also think that network programmers are to blame for (in most cases, and I grudgingly except "Studio 60," which got more chances than many) not allowing quality new shows any time to develop an audience. At one time, a 13-episode half-season order was the threshold for developing an audience. Now it's what? Four, five episodes (using the Black Donnelly's as a case in point) for a drama to get ratings. That is ALL network programmers' doing.

April 03 2007 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Don't blame the networks. They're doing their jobs. Blame your fellow viewers.

April 03 2007 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

Six Degrees was another fav of mine. But I admit I watched it only for Shiri Appleby.

April 03 2007 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVSeriesFinale.com

What kind of chance did Six Degrees have? It was off the air for five months and then returning on Friday nights? Gimme a break!

April 03 2007 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Backing Logan on this one

Here's my solution, and screw the networks that don't like it: BitTorrent. Download full seasons of most popular shows (including those on pay networks), with the episodes ripped straight from HD feeds and with all commercials edited out. Forget getting caught up in a show that never makes it past six episodes because some desperate programming exec wants to cater to the lot of Americans (including my own girlfriend, sadly enough) who will watch the vomitous pile of dung that is "Search for the next Pussycat Doll" instead of quality plot- and character-driven dramas like Veronica Mars.

Yes, I lose out on watercooler discussion of some current hot TV, but I'll catch up in my own mini-marathons on a weekend sometime.

Reruns of "Wife Swap"? I don't think so, you network feeb.

April 03 2007 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Fox is so screwed up. Instead of showing new shows Fifth Grader and The Wedding Bells on one night they show one one night and the other the next with repeats on after them. Fifth grader should be on at 9pm Thursdays and The Wedding Bells before it, save the repeats to Fridays.

April 03 2007 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply