April 19, 2014

TV shows we wish could come back from the dead

by Kelly Woo, posted Apr 4th 2007 11:43AM

Firefly on FoxI'm bitter. A couple weeks back, I Netflixed the movie Serenity. The first time I saw it, in theaters, I was so excited that Firefly fans had rallied to get it made. Watching it again, a cold, hard realization dawned on me: There will never be any more Firefly, ever again. The TV show is dead and gone, and there probably won't be any more movies. I went through all the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally, grudging acceptance.

Firefly is just one of many shows sent to the television graveyard much too early. But what if we had the chance to bring our favorites back from the dead? That's just what the writers at AOL Television and TV Squad decided to do. Not only did we name the shows we'd like to revive, we outlined how they could make their grand return.

Take a look at our choices, then tell us which show you wish could come back from the dead and why. We'll take the best ones and publish them in two weeks.

AOL Television / TV Squad's Back From the Dead

nick

wot about xena?
i know fans desperately want it back with petition being signed and a movie being tossed around??

May 12 2007 at 7:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
radley24

Arrested Development
Freeks & Geeks
My So Called Life
Felicity

April 11 2007 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I would like to see some of the more intelligent shows return i.e. Commander in Chief, The Practice. Too much "reality, stupid comedies".

April 11 2007 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonmark Pierce

Great shows you never heard of:

1. The Aristocrats--David Niven, Gig Young and Charles Boyer as aristocratic con artists and jewel thieves. TV was never, ever better than this.

2. B&W 1/2 action shows: Whirlybirds, Rescue 8, Cannonball (long-haul truck drivers) and Big Top (about the Circus, on the road)

3. The great Westerns: Colt 45, Shotgun Slade, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, Bronco Lane, The Rifleman, Paladin, Ringo, The Rebel, Wagon Train

If they brought any of these shows back, I might even buy a TV.

April 11 2007 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I miss the show!

April 11 2007 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bellers

Quark, the best 70's sci-fi that no one ever taks about.

April 11 2007 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
warren

tv has a bad habit of not finishing what they start they want 20 million viewers they only get 4-5 million so they squash it but I say if you end it end it right you still had the attention of those 4-5 million

my list
firefly
dsv
invisable man
surface
deadwood
thief
kyle xy
startrek any
farscape
john doe
tenspeed and brownshoe (this would make a good remake)
speedracer
the flash
westerns

April 10 2007 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Dead Like Me
Wonderfalls
Everwood
Daybreak
Once and Again
My So Called Life
Miracles
Sports Night
Cupid

Of course I would love more of Buffy!

April 08 2007 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie Clifton

1. Firefly but only if Joss is the boss

April 08 2007 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dawn

Going through the list I have to agree about Ryan's Hope, I think it never really was able to compete because they kept it as a half hour. I miss the Ryan's. On to prim-time shows. Sisters was great I think that show could have had a few more seasons. Freaks and Geeks never got a chance. In Justice was a good solid crime show with a different twist but stuck on Friday nights never found a big enough audience. The one that really gets me even now is The Agency it only ran for 2 seasons and left with a cliffhanger. The Agency definitely had a few more seasons in it, if it hadn't been banished to Saturday nights.

April 06 2007 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply