August 31, 2014

If Mario Lopez gets Price Is Right gig, I'm going to vomit

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 5th 2007 4:41PM

The Price is RightSeriously. Mario Lopez is supposedly one of the three finalists in the running to take over for Bob Barker when he retires from the long-running CBS game show later this year. The other two finalists? Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Donald Trump.

OK, I'm kidding about those last two names. But would they be more of a ridiculous choice than Dancing with the Stars star Lopez? What do producers see in him that they say, "you know, he might be a good replacement for Bob?"

The other two finalists are actually George Hamilton (or HamilTAN) and Entertainment Tonight host Mark Steines. Steines I can actually see as host. After all, the way you have to host a gossip show is kinda the same as hosting a crazy game show. But Hamilton? That's...interesting. I wonder if he auditioned and what exactly he brought to the show? John O'Hurley and Todd Newton were also interested in the job.

Missing from the list is Dave Price, who supposedly had the job locked up months ago. I wonder what happened?

Robin

Mario would be great. I cannot stand to look at Rosie she makes me sick. Just the thought of that hag taking over such a long time wonderful show is unthoughtful.
Nothing wrong with Mario Lopez I think he does a great job with the Pet Star program on Animal Planet. He is young not judgmental, like Rosie is and doesn't bring bad publicity. Rosie's 15 minutes have been up she is nothing but a big mouth know it all. The Price is Right will lose many viewers if Rosie is chosen, no one that I have spoken with will continue watching.

Give a go with Mario I think he would be good. Nothing wrong with a try out. Too bad Regis or Howie Mandel isn't available that are awesome.

June 21 2007 at 10:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ozella

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Rosie.She has messed up enough things. You might as well close the show if she gets it because I have watched a long time and we need someone with class. I will not watch if she gets it.

June 18 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jm

I would rather have Mario than Rosie! If they give it to Rosie I will be looking for something else in that time slot.

Mario is eye candy.........I can't see Mario offending people.

June 16 2007 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoAnne

Mario Lopez is talented galore - acts, dances, is gab-gifted and is great looking and would make a great replacement for Bob Barker. That is if Mario's time isn't all taken up, cause we need his talent displayed in other areas as well.

June 07 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

YOU THINK WHO I THINK SHOULD HOST THE PRICE IS RIGHT AFTER BOB BARKER LEAVES? I HAVE FOUR NAMES IN MIND. 1. MARIO LOPEZ. 2. LEONARDO DICAPRIO. 3. WENTWORTH MILLER . 4. MARC SUMMERS.

June 02 2007 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lanny Heidbreder

Ditto the sentiments about Marc Summers not being on the list. I can't even tell that he was offered an audition. Every time this topic comes up anywhere on the web his name gets mentioned by several folks who're dying to see him get the chance. Surely they have to know that?

Sigh.

May 19 2007 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zahn32

PLEASE don't let Mario Lopez get the job. I HATE that guy.

Now, can someone PLEASE answer this for me??? I'm going to a taping of the show later this month, and I'm not sure how early I should be there. I heard a girl on the show the other day, and she said she spent the night on the sidewalk! Is that really necessary? Does anyone know what kind of lines there are? I HAVE to get in! Please help! Thank you!!

May 14 2007 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Although she wants the job, I'm glad, very glad Rosie did not get chosen to audition. SHe needs to be banned from TV for several years! Test tapings featuring several potential hosts: George Hamilton, Mario Lopez, and John O' Hurley, Todd Newton and Dave Price.

Mario is by far the best choice among the candidates.
He will not try to imitate Bob, but make it his own and keep the show's success going and going for another 30-40 years! Good luck Mario!!

May 03 2007 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

I don't want a Price is Right without Bob Barker. Can't fathom it. I had enough trouble when he went from brown to white hair. They just better not mess with the format. That'll be too much.

April 06 2007 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r.r.r.

BOO!!! :( Say it ain't so!!! BOO!!!

April 06 2007 at 12:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply