April 25, 2014

GSN nabs World Poker Tour

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 6th 2007 4:01PM

world poker tourI was always a bit uncertain as to just how it was World Poker Tour fit in with the Travel Channel. I understand that the games took place in different places across the globe, but that always seemed like the equivalent of making a show about janitors who work in a hospital and calling it a medical drama.

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but the point is that World Poker Tour, after almost five years on the Travel Channel, is heading over to GSN, which seems like a much better fit. World Poker Tour, one of the first popular "poker" shows and the one that made people like me who said "who the hell wants to watch people play poker?" choke on our words, will become part of the network's Friday night "Casino Night" lineup.

The fifth season of World Poker Tour is currently airing on the Travel Channel. It will hit GSN early next year.

louise

Bring back Mike Sexton and Vince VanPatton. They are the best.

April 15 2007 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
statm1+ts

I said I dont have GSN thats why it would be disappointing to see WPT leave the Travel Channel. Of course im in the US..

April 10 2007 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

Look at it this way, GSN's a game show network! Why was a poker show on a travel based channel anyway? I thought the Travel Channel was about tourism, traveling anywhere and planning for summer trips to the Grand Canyon, other countries and places like the Bahamas. That poker show seems out of place on it. And even on sports giant ESPN. When I saw one show on that network, I switched the channel.

April 09 2007 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
statm1+ts

This is actually a disappointment. I love watch WPT tourneys and when it moves to gsn I wont beable to watch it anymore. I have FSN but not GSN.

April 06 2007 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply