20 questions with Mary Lynn Rajskub
She plays a computer specialist and sometime-action hero on one of the most successful television shows of all time. She occasionally acts in off-beat films like Punch Drunk Love and Little Miss Sunshine and in indie movies like Gregg Araki's Mysterious Skin, a 2004 film so dark it barely graced theater marquees before heading to DVD and quasi-cult status. She counts stand-up comedy among her creative outlets. And Mary Lynn Rajskub, a.k.a Chloe on FOX's 24, says she is equally at home in any and all of those seemingly incompatible worlds.
1.Where were you born?
2.Do you have any siblings?
Two older sisters
3 What did you study in college?
4.Do you have any pets?
A cockapoo named Emmy
5. Do you have any nicknames?
6.What is your favorite restaurant?
Baja Fresh and Starbuck's not really-that thai place in pasadena, Soledang
7. What is your favorite TV Show?
8. Who is your favorite band/musician?
John Mayer and Jessica Simpson's pictures, Elliot Smith, Freedom of 76 by Ween. Starman by David Bowie
9. If you could live anyplace in the world where would it be?
Embassy Suites in Albuquerque, Culver City, in a hole.
10. Who do you think should be the next President of the United States?
11. Did you ever think you would last this long on 24?
12. Who is your favorite 24 cast member to work with?
All the people I work with in ctu this year
13. How did you react when you learned about Edgar's death?
I was sad
14. How did you get invovled with Paul Thomas Anderson?
PTA saw me perform at largo in west hollywood. I met him through my boyfriend at the time
15. How are you and Chloe alike?
Chloe and I both spend a lot of time in our own heads and we are both quick to assess and by that I mean judgemental and we are both right.
16. What else are you working on?
I am working on a film called Sunshine Cleaning , plus my own award winning screenplay and a live show
17.After doing so much comedy on television, how does it feel to have your big break be on a drama like 24?
It is crazy to be on a drama! Who knew. but I am used to it now, it seems meant to be. I approach drama the same way I do comedy.
18. Do you miss doing comedy?
I still do comedy. I miss the time in my life when I first met all of my friends in comedy and we would hang out. that was an amazing time!
19. Do people expect you to be like Chloe?
Sometimes they do.........mostly they're excited or they don't watch tv and then eventually someone else says something and then the person who didn't know will apologize and say oh I've never watched your show and then I have to say 'it's ok'
20. How much longer so you see yourself working on 24?
I will be on until the end!!! (or at least one more year)