July 25, 2014

Mike Vs. Ian on Desperate Housewives

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 8th 2007 5:19PM
Desperate HousewivesMike Vs. Ian. Even though Susan Mayer said yes to Ian's proposal on Desperate Housewives, any fan can see that she still has feelings for Mike and is somewhat second guessing her decision to wed Ian.

Pretty much anyone can predict that, even though Mike lost the poker game, things are not over between Susan and him. For sure, Mike will come back in the picture and somehow put Susan's wedding to Ian in jeopardy.Before I start listing some pros and cons for each man, does someone really like Ian? I personally can't stand the character. No, it's not because he's coming in the way of Mike and Susan (personally, I think Susan doesn't deserve Mike or at least is not nearly ready to be with him fully). There is something about the Ian character that has been rubbing me the wrong way since he first appeared on my TV screen and I can't put my finger on it.

Mike: He's been with us since the pilot. We've seen Susan and he be together and know how their couple can be. He wanted to propose to her because he really loved her. Even though Mike spent time in jail, we want to root for him because he always had others at heart when doing his bad deeds. When he bet on Susan at the poker game, it seemed that he wanted her back. Mike is linked to creepy Zach... forever.

Ian: Even though Ian hasn't been around much, he was there for Susan when she needed him. He has good money and could support her and Julie. He does seem to love Susan; however, he proposed to her in order to have Mike stay away. When he bet on Susan at the poker game, it seemed that he was doing it only to get Mike away and not because he wanted Susan. Other then having cheated on his wife (who was in a coma at the time), Ian seems to have a good reputation.

I'm sure both men love Susan to different levels. Question is, which one is best for her. As you can see, between the two, I'm rooting for Mike. And you?

eugenia

Hi, I know that Mike and Susan love each other, but I like Ian. And it would be great for Susan to marry someone who loves her and has money, too. Being in the publishing business is too much of a struggle to have it last forever. Besides, Zach is Mike´s son. Zach is a very sad character, maybe patterned after Howard Hughes. Eugenia

May 10 2007 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

i am a mike fan mike andsusan are like a luke and lorelai meant to be togther

April 10 2007 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

i heart mike

April 10 2007 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

I am a Mike fan. I belive Mike and Susan are like a Luke and Lorelai-just always ment to be together and everyone knows it will happen one day. I like Ian bc hes such a nice guy and he loves Susan but when it comes down to it Susan love Mike more and Mike will always love her.It's pretty much set in stone they need to be together and I hope marc cherry doesnt wait till the last season to bring them together bc thats just annoying. I hope that Ian somehow doesnt get his heart broken too bad bc he is a great person but if he wants the best for Susan he'll let her be with Mike.

April 10 2007 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I'm a Mike fan because I'm convinced that Ian cheated in the Poker game, and there is nothing lower than someone who cheats at Poker.

April 10 2007 at 4:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nola

I'm an Ian fan and to that I say he deserves to much better than Susan, who is annoying as hell. But then I don't like Mike either. Both she and Mike need to go away.

April 08 2007 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

I'm an Ian fan. Mike has been so wishy-washy about Susan the entire time. Ian is just a sweet guy, and has put up with crap he hasn't needed to.

Although, honestly, Susan is my least favorite character out of all the women. She really doesn't deserve either one...

April 08 2007 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

I'm rooting for Mike, too! I can't bring myself to totally hate Ian, but I will always be a fan of Susan and Mike. I've loved the triangle they have this season, with Mike slowly regaining his memory. My favorite scene so far this season is the one in the jewelry store, when Mike went to return Susan's ring and she showed up to have Ian's ring sized (okay, so I love scenes that make you say, "Oh, yeah, that totally only happens on TV!"). But when she looked down at Mike's ring on her finger (courtesy of the pushy salesgirl) and said it fit "perfect"...you just couldn't help but say, "Awww!" I like all the Housewives, but Susan keeps me coming back. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season!

April 08 2007 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply