How I Met Your Mother: Bachelor Party - VIDEO
So, Barney's stripper's skills were more implied than demonstrated. But anyone who can put Marshall and Ted off their steak must have done something sick. Yes, even sicker than the typewriter stunt.
Anyway, as I mentioned earlier today, the producers used their MySpace site to put out a "too hot for TV" video depicting what the stripper did at the bachelor party. The video is after the jump. Again, it's only dirty if you let your mind wander. What was she going to do with those foam fingers anyway?
What's ironic is that what went on at Lily's bridal shower was dirtier than anything Barney could come up with. Actually, Barney had a hand in this, too, as he's the one who suggested Robin get the "battery-powered, adult recreational fake penises." (Isn't it creepy that adult Ted told this story to his kids, by the way? I don't think the first place you want to learn about vibrators if from your father.) Really, the plot isn't anything different than what we've seen before; in fact, I think I saw this kind of plot on Friends at some point, though it had more to do with Phoebe's baby shower than a bridal shower (long story). What made it funny were the details: Robin switching cards on the package, then hearing Lily's grandmother's speech before about her gift (it was supposed to be an old sewing machine... but the switch made the speech so much funnier, especially when Grandma said her husband "had at it" sometimes). Also, Robin's reactions as Grandma makes her speech were pretty good:
Lily's mother: "Can I have some wine?"
Back to the bachelor party... the Best Barneyism this week was performed with Ted's assistance, as they were talking about the skank he got to strip at their friend Stuart's bachelor party.
Barney: She was a 15... like in blackjack.
Ted: Because you're not sure whether your going to hit or or not?
Also, his constant winking was funny. Of course we have the big Barney revelation: a year ago, he flew all the way to San Francisco in an effort to get Lily get back together with Marshall. He was so sincere during that speech to Lily, it was scary. We rarely see that kind of humanity out of Barney, and he definitely earned his "co-best man" promotion with that move ("co-best man..." that's another Friends invention, isn't it?).
- Gotta love the bachelor party types, including Stuart, the guy who talks in cliches, and Brad, the guy who disappears right at the start of the party. Interesting how they picked Brad up on the side of the road, sans clothes. He was the guy who had brunch with Marshall, by the way, so who knows what he was up to?
- Barney when Robin asks him if he's familiar with lingerie: "I've been in a ten-way, so... yeah."
- Barney: "I got the wrong Deep Impact."
- Do you think Treasure's sob story was real, or part of the story strippers concoct when they talk to you during lap dances (or so I've heard...)?
- Interesting how Robin and Lily were arguing over Robin's gift at the end of the episode, wasn't it? Hopefully, Marshall and Ted never get wind of that discussion...
- Marshall: "She told you not to use the smoke machine when she's on the hippity-hop!"
On a scale of 1 to 7 (worst to best), I give this episode a...