December 19, 2014

CSI: Miami: Bloodline

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 10th 2007 12:44PM

Ed Begley Jr.(S05E19) Something about this show... I just can't get enough of it. Despite the tirade of complaints every episode tends to generate week in and week out, there's one thing you can't argue. It's always good. Of course, degrees of "what's good" can vary when you address a show like this. So I suppose I'm just making the same argument I always make. Enjoy CSI: Miami for what it is. Over the top television at it's finest.

Continuing with that trend, the show has gone ahead and developed Scott O'Shay (played to the sleaziest by Ed Begley Jr.) into Horatio's latest nemesis. H's feud with Stetler has long since been forgotten and Riaz is dead, so it's time for someone else to get in the way. Supervisor O'Shay is it.

Using the backdrop of Indian casinos (doesn't exactly scream Miami to me) on the outskirts of the city, Horatio and the team began to uncover a conspiracy that runs all the way to the top of the city council. Hookers, blackmailing, and prominent businessmen being scalped. Yes, scalped.

The episode also brought the return of Horatio's latest lady friend, Anna. Played by The Shield's Paula Garcés, Anna was originally depicted as someone that I thought H was going to get involved with. But it turns out that she's just the latest on his list of people who get special treatment from the Miami-Dade police department. I guess I never realized it before, but Horatio has a real savior complex huh?

OK, back to O'Shay. This guy is bad news and it's funny because I never pictured Ed Begley Jr. as someone who plays the crafty politician, but he does it well. From blackmailing casino owners to using prostitutes to run his dirty money, he has his hands in everything. Horatio can't link any of this to him yet, but he will. O'Shay has threatened repercussions though. What could he possibly do to the team? I think he said he could cut salaries or funding, but I doubt something like that will stick. It'll be interesting to see what he does to stop Horatio from nabbing him before the season is done.

4Overall, I think we're looking at a 4 out 7 for this episode. Not necessarily because this was the finest CSI: Miami installment, but rather for what it sets up. I'm excited for the showdown between Horatio and O'Shay.

Michelle

I was just wondering who dosed the room service food? I must of missed it when I watched it . . .Thanks

April 16 2007 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan Toomey

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Mimi, Kendall, Mica... whatever your name is (I went through your e-mail comment history -- you've used over 20 different aliases so who knows what it actually is). What I said in my comment was not harsh nor was I angry that you disagreed with me. I merely asked why it is you watch a show that you clearly don't like. I see no harm in that. I think the issue stems from the fact I called you out on your little system of using multiple names to comment and all I said was that I found it amusing each week. At what point did what I say to you become harsh? It wasn't. So unless you have something constructive to say about the episode, please stop with these comments because it's detracting from the readers who actually come to read something substantive about the episode.

April 12 2007 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

Sara-He did print the whole email address out. I let Mica respond to his reply but we were all shocked since that's against TV Squad's rules. He went back mighty fast to "change" it but that still does not give him the right to do that. We have a print out and a screenshot of it. As for CSI:Maimi-there are episodes I liked-a few but season 5 has been very disappointing and if the reviewer does not want to hear what we think of the episodes-To bad so sad-that's what the blog is for-to talk about the episodes.

April 12 2007 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy 101

You did miss something Sara. He did. So you get over it. It was posted earlier. He went back and revised it because he knew he could get in
serious trouble for it. People were sending complaints. So is this a
blog for only people who love it? If they don't like the episode they
don't-period. I think Jonathon needs to print an apology to the people
he did that too. I would be pissed off and actually it could happen to
any of us so I am speaking up!! Please don't say what you don't
know-Jonathan went back and re-wrote it. Shows you what kind of person he is for not apologizing for what he did.

April 12 2007 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy 101

You did miss something Sara-On Wednesday Jonathan did submit the whole email address in that email strand. He revised it. it's funny because I wrote a reply yesterday and it did not get posted on this-hummmmmmmmmmmmm!

April 12 2007 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarakanne

Did I miss something? Where did Jonathan Toomey give out an email address? Making references to "mms" and "99" is hardly an invasion of privacy. Now, had he written mms@whatever.com, that would be different. He didn't, so get over it. No one can figure out your email from such little information. Perhaps you people would be much happier on another CSI: Miami forum--one that is devoted to the show's haters!!

April 11 2007 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

You go girl-Jonathan is an a$$. You keep saying whatever you want. That's what the blog is for. If he does not like it-don't be a reviewer -bottom line!! I also have a screenshot of it, I will send it to you Mica.

April 11 2007 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

First of all, we are a group who uses one email address to chat on diffrent websites. It's easier with one email address to keep track of our comments-no alias are used. Second, it's to late to rectify what you did Jonathan and we have a print out. We have already have sent a copy of what was originally there to Weblogic/TVSquad. You just don't like to hear what we think-what is this blog for? Also, some in my group watch this show for Adam or some really loved season 1-3 but hate 4 and 5 and are waiting for it to be like it used to. Just becasue you hate the original CSI (21.4 million viewers) and prefer the over acted, over the top cheese fest, don't be hating people who say otherwise. In other words, GROW-UP! What you did was childish.

April 11 2007 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

Forgot to add-I contacted TV Squad and reported this abuse for you gals.

April 11 2007 at 1:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

I agree-Jonathan was way out of line- it could be a group of friends. Either way, people beware-obviously TV Squad does not obey their own rules"Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments". I would sue!!

April 11 2007 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply