November 28, 2014

Deal or No Deal sued

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 10th 2007 9:02AM

MandelDeal or No Deal, the stupid NBC game show that airs a couple of times a week, is being sued by a former "paid audience extra" on the show.

Judy Ann Myers was taping a segment of the show last February, and during a commercial break she was told to hurry up to get into the audience so she could take part in a dance contest that was being held. Well, Myers tripped on the way down (I guess there were no handrails on the stairs and the lighting was bad) and hurt herself, and now she wants $25,000.

Hey, maybe they'll put the money in a shiny briefcase and have it delivered by a hot model and the judge will make her a deal for it! Or maybe they'll make a ruling and then say "And the judgement is...and then they'll be a huge pause in the courtroom and the music will drone on and then they'll be a commercial break.

Actually, this is one case that might have merit, since they were telling her what to do and may have not provided a safe work environment for her. (I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on a television web site.)

Rogphi

Sorry, I didn't realize how bad that was!

This kind of thing irritates me. Look where you are going! If they told her to impale herself on a knife would she? Doesn't anyone accept responsibility for their own stupidity anymore?
I'm tired of whiny peoples' excuse being " they told me to hurry and I fell" SHHEESSSHHHH!!!!

April 10 2007 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marilou

This kind of thing irritates me. Does anyone care about proper tense, correct spelling, using capital letters properly, or punctuation?
I found twelve errors. How many can you find?
Rogphi, please accept responsibility for your extremely poor grammar.

April 10 2007 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louise Perez

I'm not believing this! The only person responsible for her injuries is the injured person only. She's not an employee. She's sub-contract labor; basically, self-employed. So sorry, so sad. Now, if there was a hole in the floor that was covered up by a rug, and she tripped because of it, that's probably a law suit. Oh, well.

April 10 2007 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack

What in the hell is a "paid audience extra?" These stupid shows pad the audience with shills that applause and hoot on cue to lead the other audience members? How Pavlovian.

April 10 2007 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rogphi

This Kind of thing irritates me. LOOK WHERE YOU'RE GOING! if they told her to impale yourself on a knife would you? doesnt anyone accept responsibility for there own stupidity anymore?
Im tired of whiny peoples excuse being ;' they told me to hurry and I fell" SHHEESSSHHHH!!!!

April 10 2007 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply