September 18, 2014

Tom Selleck joining Las Vegas

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 11th 2007 1:01PM

SelleckThomas Magnum has a new job: he's going to be the new boss of the Montecito Resort and Casino.

Tom Selleck is joining the cast of the NBC drama Las Vegas this fall. He'll play the new owner of the casino, taking over from James Cann, who has left the show along with Nikki Cox. The only way the show was going to be renewed was to cut the budget, so they're gone (though I wonder how much Selleck will cost?)

This is good news for Selleck fans. It will be great to see him in a regular television gig again. Yeah, I kinda wish they'd bring Magnum, P.I. back for at least a reunion TV movie (as the years go by it looks less and less like that's going to happen), but this is a good replacement for now. Hopefully Rick and T.C. can make guest appearances.

A. Kiefe

It would be great to see Tom and Kevin Sorbo together!!
The two big hunkiest men on this planet!!!!! Think about it girls!! It's definitely a Yummmm.............. Magnum and Hercules on one show!! Oh stop it!!!!!!!!!

June 29 2007 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
layne

Tom Selleck is an icon. He is one of the most well-respected actors on television. How exciting to be able to see him now on a weekly basis. He definately has loads of charisma and charm along with a great sense of humor. Just watch any Magnum rerun. That show was the best! He will be a great fit for Las Vegas. Go Tom! You sexy thing you!!!

June 20 2007 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Billy Howard

I have always been a fan of Tom Selleck. He has had a outstanding career in acting and also in his personal life. He is regarded as being "too honest to be a actor" by his fellow actors. We all wish his sucess in his new acting gig on Las Vegas. May God Bless him and his family. Billy Howard, Jackson Georgia.

June 19 2007 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

I've only seen about a dozen episodes of Las Vegas. I always liked it, but never felt compelled to watch it every week. Now that Tom will be on every week, I will definately be a devoted fan. He is such a great actor and may I say very easy on the eyes. Could that man get any sexier???? I am sure the writers/producers were very excited to sign him up. James Caan was great-but Selleck will add a big boost to the ratings.

June 18 2007 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
layne

I loved the show with James Caan, but I think Tom Selleck will be a great addition! I'm sure the ratings will go up. Mr. Selleck has a many fans out there-me included. He is one sexy guy. My god-he is still so hot!!! He only gets better looking with age-if that's possible! Can't wait till this Fall!

June 17 2007 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Billy Howard

Tom Selleck is a very honest and honorabile man. Also a great actor. I hope he makes the T.V. show Las Vegas last a few more seasons. It was a good weekly program. James Cann and Nikki Cox did a great job. I hope fans can accept Mr. Selleck and give him a chance.

June 16 2007 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

The man is back!!! I met him briefly in the late "70's when he was a model then. His wife is blessed. Looking forward to see him weekly in Vegas, what more could a girl want: Tom and Josh!!! My husband knows that I 'm nuts about those two guys.

June 15 2007 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lolita Waters

I am thrilled to find Tom back on TV in a series. I will make sure I watch each and every week. The swave picture of him in a Tux reminds me of his film "Lassiter" which I enjoyed tremendously. However, his westerns are still my favorite.

May 30 2007 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
madelon smith

Tom is a big, handsome, sexy guy and it will be wonderful to see him again on a regular basis. My husband and I just got a big, handsome cat and I named him Tom Selleck. My Tom wears the name well!!!!

I have always had fantasies about Magnum PI....even today I would love to get him down and bite his belly!!!!!

April 26 2007 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sally

WOW! I am so please that the hunk of a man, Tom Selleck, will be on weekly, I will never miss him. I saw him at LAX (Los Angeles Airpor) and he is even better looking and dripping with charm, and we women love that. His fortunate wife is envied. Oh, I do go on. He will bring a strong presence to the Vegas show. I can't wait to see him and the cast do their job. sally

April 22 2007 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply