April 16, 2014

4 from 24: More on hour 17

by Meredith O'Brien, posted Apr 12th 2007 3:23PM

Jack Bauer on 24* Warning: Spoilers ahead from the latest episode.*

The suitcase nukes have been located. Audrey Raines is alive, but in peril. Jack Bauer is likely going to be coerced into making a horrendous deal in exchange for her safe return.

While 24 fans mull these new developments, here are four choice moments from hour 17:

Quote of note: "My God! They were lying to us all the time! Withholding information. And you knew it!" an incredulous chief of staff, Tom Lennox, said to the uber-tricky President Wayne Palmer after Palmer pretended to launch a nuclear missile attack in order to get the Country Whose Name We Shall Not Mention to cough up intel on a terrorist.

Moment of tension between CTU staffers: CTU analyst Milo Pressman was in a jealous snit because the woman after whom he lusts -- Nadia Yassir -- showed compassion for Pressman's new nemesis, Mike "The Brawler" Doyle (as opposed to his old nemesis, Morris "Drill-Bit" O'Brian). "The guy's a creep and a sadist!" Pressman said of Doyle.

Quotes of note II & III: I just couldn't choose between these Jack quips directed at terrorist Abu Fayed, when our intrepid hero was roughly interrogating him. "Trust me, I haven't begun to enjoy myself," Jack said early in the episode. This was followed a bit later by this gem, "Now we're gonna have some fun."

ACLU nightmare moment of the week: Come on. Is there really any question what moment wins here?Jack. Fayed. Chain. Discuss amongst yourselves.

C C

At the end of this season, I think all the viewers will be screaming "My God! They were lying to us all the time!"

April 13 2007 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shirin_hassan77

Mullah Cimoc say him jack bauer tv show for make aemriki so stupid in brain and obey masters in tel aviv.

for understand to google: mighty wurltizer +cia

this tv show for condition brain of ameriki for accep the torture and tyranny. this not so funny. this wicked and the so evil.

not allowing this tv show in waziristan now. talk my friend, stop1984now@yahoo.com

April 12 2007 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

Doyle's the mole -- has been -- thus the impeccable timing of the Chinese. Maybe has something to do with Denver also.
Jack will find out soon, and Doyle will not make it past hour 19, Jack will see to that!
It has everything to do with smuggling nuke secrets to China; not so much about plutonium -- the Chinese have plenty of that -- but the detonator needed to make it "live." (Need a shaped charge just so so to set off the chain reaction). That is what the Chinese want from Jack for Audrey.
Pops' business was smugling such technology. I don't think he'll make it to the end of "today" either.
Well, that, or this whole season is one big hoax.

April 12 2007 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Yeah,.. I'm with Cinesister on that one.

April 12 2007 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cinesister

Best quote for me goes to Doyle after seeing the carnage Jack left behind:

"Damn, Jack."

April 12 2007 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

Quote of the week IV:

Say "Hello" to your brother!

April 12 2007 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply