Jackson Family gets "American Idol" style talent show

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Apr 12th 2007 7:30PM
Jermaine and LaToya JacksonAmerican Idol's ratings may be down, but it is still the number one show on television. And the juggernaut has spawned all kinds of imitators, including, America's Got Talent, Dancing With the Stars, Skating With Celebrities, and Rock Star Supernova.

And now, the Jackson Family is developing its own talent contest for CBS, tentatively called Pop Dynasty. Before you ask, NO, neither Janet nor Michael is involved with the show. This is Jermaine, Tito and LaToya's baby. The three Jacksons will serve as the show's judges.

Jamie Foxx is reportedly "involved with the project" according to a CBS spokesperson. Details remain sketchy, and the network hasn't determined an airdate yet.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I want to watch the Jacksons give advice to popstar wannabes. I'd actually prefer to see the whole family in a dysfunctional reality show. Maybe they could open a B&B like Tori Spelling.

hempkids

Where would auditions be held? it is a family of nine all have the same parents and can sing and dance better.

May 01 2007 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Vesely

Hey! I am a 54yr. Old White man and I always thought the Jackson's where GREAT, I grew up with them, My Kids enjoy thier music and for the best part the Jackson's paid thier dues became successfull, I think thier show would be a hit, Who better to be the judges than those who have been there!! I can guarantee they have more experience than Randy, Paula and Simon. You GO JACKSON'S

April 24 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy

I think the ideal is a good one. The Jackson's are the one family that whites hate because they were so sucessful at a very young age, get over it white people, my GOD it's year 2007.

April 24 2007 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HARLEY

some one tell me please when is this crap going to end ?
who want to be this who want to be that realality tv is getting out of hand.
why is it we cant be just who we we are ??
the jacksons now give me a break please

April 18 2007 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
houston

you i its really sad at some of the comments i have read judging the jacksons on their success and ideas....look at alll of the celebrities they all have some open or hidden issues in their lives. Thats human...I would love to see a T.V show added to television thats doesnt show boobs and butt and blood....Go Jacksons....entertain America!

April 18 2007 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick

who wants there kids to watch the jacksons all of them are perverts and weirdos .pretty sad when a grown man can get away with what micheal did . now hes made out to be some kind of saint . latoya poses nude . janette love to show hit breasts in front of million of people adults and kids alike .if it wasn't planed why was it made to break away anyway .whats happning to the usa .

April 18 2007 at 8:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walter

And I will boycott CBS or any other network that allows the child molestor to make " 1 thin dime". Yes, I'm speaking of jocko.

April 18 2007 at 8:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CARMEN

I dont know why the Jacksons dont leave well enough alone. I used to be a fan of all the Jacksons at one point or another in my life. And unless this is a well thought out idea that is not going to turn out into a Jackson moment then I am willing to see it.

The Jacksons were awesome in their hayday, And I want to remember them for their music history. Not for the stupidity that the media prints.

April 18 2007 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robert

I think its time we all went back to our hobbies if this is the best that they could "copy" to put on TV. Personally, I'd rather watch a cockroack go across the floor.

April 18 2007 at 8:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Go Jackson's!!!! I grew up listening to the Jackson 5, and I loved them then, and I still love them now. Truth be told though, I have never understood why Jermaine didn't get more play and attention--the attention I always felt he so deserved. Though he can't dance like his brother Michael, he's the one who always had the best voice for singing, and he certainly had the most sex appeal, so what happened? I have always believed Jermaine got short changed. He's an incredible singer and a very sincere singer. When I was a child growing up listening to the Jackson's, it was always Jermaine's voice that was so rich and so fluid in the songs that were sung. Everyone always knew Jermaine had loads of talent and my guess is, is that he still does!! I think he'd be great at seeking out talent.

April 18 2007 at 8:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply