April 24, 2014

Two ER actors ready to leave the hospital?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 13th 2007 6:03PM
Goran VisnjicWarning! This article contains small spoilers about the show's upcoming episodes and next season.

No ER fan will be surprised to hear that Goran Visnjic, who plays Luka Kovac on the show, confirmed to TV Guide that he will soon leave the series since this is rather old news. Visnjic's departure was confirmed in February when TV Guide's Michael Ausiello broke the news.

Since then, fans have been speculating on what would happen to the Luka/Abby couple. They wondered why was the show having them wed during May Sweeps if Luka was to leave the ER.

Goran Visnjic and Maura Tierney spoke to TV Guide and somewhat answered the questions fans have been asking.

Visnjic and Tierney confirmed that both are on their way out. Visnjic is set to leave at the end of the current season and will appear in less than five episodes next season. "We're still talking about how and when we're going to do it. But it's kind of a logical progression because every summer I want to do a movie and... there are always problems with my scheduling. I think it's a nice run to be on a show for eight years," he tells TV Guide.

As for Maura Tierney, the actress claims she loves the show but would like to be able to do other projects such as movies. She confirms that she will be on ER next season but that it is more than likely her last year on the show.

ER is renewed for next season, which will 14th season. Many speculate that this will be the show's last season, and with Visnjic's and Tierney's departures, it seems more than likely that ER will finally be put out of his misery in May 2008. It is unlikely that John Stamos can carry the show alone even though he is one of the main reasons why ER is doing well this season.

Luka and Abby's wedding is set to happen in Episode 13.22, titled "I Don't." ER airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on NBC.

• Tags:
  • ER

PAULETTE

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ER CONTINUE. NEW ACTORS
COULD PRODUCE NEW STORYLINES AS WELL AS THOSE
WHO WENT BEFORE THEM. I DO LIKE LUKA AND ABBY AND
WILL DEFINETELY MISS THEM. LETS KEEP ER AROUND FOR
MORE YEARS TO COME. ITS A LOT BETTER THAN SHOWS
LIKE WHAT IS PASSING FOR THE PRE-LINEUP COMEDY
THEY HAVE ON THURSDAY NOW.

May 30 2007 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BUD

Yawn. Sorry, guys but I can't get too excited about Shane West leaving the show. Neela can go too. What a bore she has been ever since the beginning. What happened to Sherry Stringfellow? All of a sudden she was gone. I'd say put us out of our misery and cancel this mess. Well, with all of the cast either gone or going, I'd say it is time for a complete makeover. Good Luck!

May 20 2007 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irene MacKenzie

I don't want Ray, (Shane West ) to die, or be in a coma. Ray and Neela should be happy ever after and then they can leave the show or stay on. I love them together.
I've watched ER for years and to see it end would be tragic, but if it ends "Congratulations for being the best!"

May 05 2007 at 2:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

To be honest I didn't even care that much about Luka and Abby this year. I thought that Neela and her various relationships was more interesting. I have to admit though that there aren't any more other storylines at the moment than the Luka/Abby one, everything else has run it's course so there definately need to be at least two new actors on the show very soon. And I don't think that new former lawyer guy from last episode is going to stay even though he is good at writing down dictations for Gates...

April 14 2007 at 4:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

I agree - much as I love Gates (and Neela), without Luka and Abby I don't know that I'd want to watch much longer. 14 years is a very, very long time, and it's been wonderful - but I don't want it to have the eternal power of a soap opera.

April 14 2007 at 2:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cat

Once Visnjic and Tierney leave, I think ER should end. Unfortunately, despite there being characters I still like on the show (not Stamos, tho) I don't think any of them can carry the show, since they anchor the show.

TPTB could make the show go on, but I think it's had a good run and should probably end.

April 13 2007 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greg

I think "ER" could go on forever. As long as new cast members are introduced a year or two beforeseasoned actors leave, you are then hooked on the new charactors. It is just like a soap

April 13 2007 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I think it will still continue, it is NBCs number one drama.

And no matter what Studio 60 would still not beat ERs season 14 ratings, and that is saying something about how bad STudio 60s writing is.

April 13 2007 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I renew my proposal to put Studio 60 in the Thursday 10 PM slot where E.R. is.

If NBC were smart, they would put the remaining Studio 60 episodes in that slot after May sweeps and see how it performs in that time slot. I predict that it would do VERY well.

April 13 2007 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I think the show was over for me when Green died. I watched plenty episodes after that, what with Carter still there (and therefore still swoonable) but really the show has been over for quite some time.

Then again, the moment I start to feel that way I end up watching an episode that sucks me back in...

April 13 2007 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply