July 24, 2014

20 questions with Susan Olsen

by Paul Goebel, posted Apr 14th 2007 3:36PM

Susan OlsenSusan Olsen is best known for her role as Cindy Brady (The youngest one in curls) on The Brady Bunch. After her stint as a child star, she involved herself in a number of different careers including graphic designer, radio show host and mother. She has also appeared in a number of Brady related projects as an adult, such as The Brady Brides and My Fair Brady.

1. Where were you born?
Santa Monica CA, same hospital where I had my son 35 years later

2. How many siblings do you have?
Three. Two brothers, one sister

4. Do you have any pets?
Three: 2 cats, one dog

5. Do you have any nicknames?
Several but I am currently known as "Fluff"

6. What is your favorite restaurant?
Anything in France otherwise, Taco Bell.

7. What is your favorite TV show?
Da Ali G Show

8. Who is your favorite band/musician?
Oh please, there are so many. My first Lord and savior was Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin. I can't pick just one but lately I've had a real sweet spot for John Frusciante and my son just turned me on to Buckethead.

9. If you could live anyplace in the world where would it be?
I hear New Zealand has the best immigration policy (that's a big issue for me and I'm not the p***y that Arnold is. I WILL talk about it... just nobody wants to listen. LOL). A friend of mine just moved there and loves it. I feel the need to leave this once great country. I hate seeing it die.

10. Who do you think should be the next President of the USA?
Me! That is IF the president actually ran things. It always surprises people but I'm actually quite conservative. I don't believe in one party or the other, they are both completely insane. I believe in small government and people taking care of themselves. I like Tom McClintock. He's one of the few that actually has a brain and isn't afraid to use it. Lets face it, the President doesn't really do anything (which is why we have the perfect guy in office. The government is run by big business. This is a great country, we have the best laws money can buy.)

11. Professionally, what are you the most proud of?
Probably radio work

12. What regrets, if any, do you have about being Cindy Brady?
Not getting paid more.

13. What is the real reason you weren't in A Very Brady Christmas?
Money, of course. They contractually only needed five out of six kids. Since they had us all, they were over budget. They decided to let me be the one to get paid less. I let them know what I thought of the idea. (insert maniacal laughter here) I really wasn't very interested in doing the show anyway, as I had read the script. I had a honeymoon to go to at the Reggae Sunsplash in Jamaica, I was fine with how things turned out. In fact, I was irie! A few years ago, I met Jennifer Runyan (my replacement) at Burger King! We were there with our kids. We hugged, she's gorgeous, and left acting to be a mom. I never had ANY ill feelings toward her.

Cindy Brady14. Besides yourself, who was the cutest Brady kid?
OK I can't say Oliver because people will bludgeon me. But I loved Robbie Rist and still do.

15. Who is the nicest person you have ever worked with?
Well of course that would be Bob with Florence as a close second but for a less obvious choice, I'd say Ken Curtis who played Festus on Gunsmoke.

16. What do you really think about Adrianne Curry?
My first thoughts were of how I never approve of a woman begging a man to take her but how can I find fault? It obviously worked. If a guy told me to move out of his house, I'd be gone before he finished the sentence but I wouldn't have been there in the first place. I used to like watching the show because it made me feel like I'm so low maintenance. In the second season (oh yes I've watched them all!) we saw what Adri had to put up with! At the risk of stating the obvious, youth is the key here. A lot of how Adrianne comes across is due to a youth that I think will age well. She is a smart person and I love her fire, she is much sweeter in person and even prettier; I think she's probably the best wife Chris has had.

17. Which vacation was better: The Grand Canyon, Hawaii or Kings Island?
Hawaii. Wouldn't you pick a tropical paradise over a hole in the ground or Cincinnati? (No offense, some of my best friends live in Ohio - REALLY!)

18. If you could trade places with any other child star who would it be?
As far as life goes, nobody. As far as finances go, I wanna be an Olsen twin!

19.Which do you prefer working on TV or radio and why?
Radio, I don't have to diet or brush my hair. Actually, radio because I'm not playing a character. I can be myself. After growing up with people assuming I was Cindy I guess this became a big deal to me. There are no scripts so nobody's putting words into my mouth. I can make it up as I go along. I like the freedom and the challenge. I also like eating like a pig and neglecting personal hygiene :-)

20. Has there ever been a time when you wished you were Cindy Brady and if so describe the circumstances.
Nope, never. I've always loved my family and my life far more. That's pretty lucky considering how many kids wished they had grown up in the Brady household. Not me, I liked my household way better. We were weirder. Besides, we had more pets, the Bradys got rid of Tiger without so much as an explanation! I think if Cindy had crapped on the couch she might have been gone too (without a toilet what choice did she have??) Speaking of crap, check this out. No, I'm not above potty humor.

Randall Riecke

From a soldiers perspective Ms. Olson is very correct about our country and I'm happy to see she is not afraid to voice her opnion. The basic moral fabric of this country isn't what it used to be...too many politicians agree with only serving to reap the rewards of the position.

Ms. Olson, thank you....thank you for being you and for being a very warm and caring person, wonderul actress and for many years of entertainment.

April 23 2007 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mo

Oh boy, Fluff! Look what you've done now. Heehee. I can't say I agree with you on political issues, but I'm with you on your choice of vacation spots. Ohio weather blows! Sorry Ms. Meade. One thing I'm sure of...I am certainly blessed to know you. Sending love and good vibes your way!

April 22 2007 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele Meade

I love you Susan (even tho you prefer Hawaii over Ohio!).

April 19 2007 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dr.Dave

Susan ROCKS!! I Love you, Thindy; I mean Susan!!!

April 18 2007 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peaches

Unbelieveable!

The people who left 'negative' comments on "20 Questions with Susan Olsen"....need help. Wow! They must have a lot of built up anger inside of them and it seems as though they have taken some of it out on Susan. This is absolutely absurd!

How dare they say things like that about her. She is very passionate in what she believes in. A good quality to have. She totally stole the show on The Brady Bunch. Susan has a lot of compassion for others. She is one terrific mom... the best! Susan is a super special friend. She has a wonderful and whitty personality and she is very creative and very talented. Susan is extremely smart. A definite asset to this world.

So to all those people who wrote that crap...you don't know the Susan I know and you definitely don't know what the hell you are talking about.

To the negative people:
Open up your eyes and then maybe you will see what's really going on in the world today ......it's not good.......

April 18 2007 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

I WAS (note past tense) curious as to what Susan Olsen has been up to and now I know.....crying about not making enough money, oh, boo hoo :( trashing our President and government and being just a potty mouth, big mouth. (I guess she's trying to come across as "Down to Earth"?) I'm thinking she's called "Fluff" because that is what her head is filled with. Get off your soapbox Susan and catch the next plane out of this great country of ours and don't let the door hit you......

April 18 2007 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I agree with BOTH parties. Cindy made lots of valid points about Politics and the way this country is regressing. And the other party that said she should shut up and just go away ALSO is correct. We should LOVE our country, and support it. And if you have nothing positive to say about it, you should keep your mouth SHUT about it, or other countries will see us as a divided nation. We need to all be on the same team - win, lose or draw. And NEVER belittle the Greatest Country In The World. A person in the spotlight/media should have their opinions as well as the homeless person living in their car - but the spotlight/media person has their opinions broadcasted to millions. The only comments coming from that person should be POSITIVE about our Country. And, if all else fails, bail out and move to another Country and see if you like it better over there. I doubt it.

April 18 2007 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James G.

I love Cindy Brady. I really love John Frusciante he is one the best song writers ever. I love the fact that she likes his music. She rocks and has good taste. (Read question 8)

April 18 2007 at 2:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CHRIS

LISTEN YOU ASSCLOWNS, SHES ALLOWED HER FREEDOM OF SPEECH AS WELL AS HER OPINION, AND SHES RIGHT THIS COUNTRY HAS GONE DOWN THE DRAIN, CANT HELP OUR OWN PEOPLE AND ALWAYS HELPING OTHERS,HELL THIS IS NOT EVEN OUR COUNTRY ANYMORE IT NOW BELONGS TO THE GREASY DIRTY MEXICANS, THAT GET EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN LEGAL CITIZENS, YOU ALL KNOW IT, SO SHUT THE HELL UP AND DEAL WITH THE TRUTH AND IF YOU CANT HANDLE THAT THEN KISS MY ASS YOU BUNCH OF ASSCLOWNS.

April 18 2007 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaveB

I also loved the Brady Bunch and I hope Susan is doing well. And may I add she is a very attractive, intellegent woman I wish she was in Warren , Ohio. by the way I'm 50.
a Cindy fan DaveB