October 22, 2014

Will Ferrell's landlord problems - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 14th 2007 12:01PM

will ferrell adam mckayThis is the funniest thing you will see today. Seriously, check it out.

Why are you still here? Go watch this video. Right now*.

Adam McKay and Will Ferrell, both formerly of Saturday Night Live (Ferrell as a performer, and McKay as a writer) have made two of the funniest movie comedies in the last few years, Anchorman and Talladega Nights, and this short featuring McKay and Ferrell as two roommates and their cranky landlord had me laughing so hard that milk spilled from my nose -- not milk I was drinking, but milk I haven't even drank yet. That's how incredibly funny it is. The short is only about two minutes long, and I can't tell you much more about it without spoiling it for you, so go watch it.

For more fun, check out this Will Ferrell movie generator. The generator pokes fun at the fact that Ferrell's comedy projects tend to have similar plots, but that's what makes them so great. There's so much comedy packed into them that the plot becomes meaningless. That's how Monty Python made moves, too, you know.

[via CC Insider]

*Why are you down here? Go watch the video. (OK, or watch below)

sarah

everyone who says they dont like will ferrel anyways why are you even watching and people who think this child is going to be damaged should lighten up. Your generations went through alot of things that were way worse then this and you are ok so chill out! She will be like every other kid who spend anytime around adults who dont always watch their mouths.

July 11 2007 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
niki

everyone needs to relax about this short. Pearl is so young that she won't even remember what she said 30 seconds after she says it. haven't you seen how ADD she is, she's a regular two year old. personally i think its absolutely hysterical and i think everyone should take the stick out of their ass and appreciate it for its comedy. kids swear all the time, and i don't think she's going to grow up to be a drunk landlord, it seems her dad (McKay) has his head on straight. if anything, she'll This isn't child abuse, she's not working in a sweat shop or doing hard labor. until i hear that Pearl is an out of control toddler who is telling everyone to fuck off, i'm not too worried about her future.

July 10 2007 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephanie

I'm on everyones side when they say lighten up. I have a degree in child care and development and have been working with small children for years. I think thats the funniest short I've seen in a while. It could be that's she saying words that sound similar to swearing or she actually is, either way it doesn't matter, at her age she would forget those words extremely quickly, for it to have a permanent impact on the child you would need to say those words repeatedly over time and even then I'm sure she wouldn 't grow up a delinquent. I don't know about anyone else but I've been swearing since I was a child and have yet to cause the justice system any grief. oh and if you don't like Will Ferrell why the hell are you watching it anyway? Perhaps something went wrong somewhere during your cognitive development?

July 07 2007 at 5:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amber

this is funny! i cant belive someone would think it isnt! i watch it all the time! did you know that little girl is his daughter?

July 03 2007 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
666

this is so wicked.... it 's so funny

July 01 2007 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeannine

You people need to lighten up. This video is absolutely hilarious. I laughed my butt off. And I do love little kids.
So the parents taught this kid to say bitch and asshole, just means they have a sense of humor. Get over it!!!!!!!

June 28 2007 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robyn

I have 3 kids - 7-3-1. I'm their mother. This is funny. It is so funny, I'm telling others to watch it. If this was all it took to corrupt children, you'd have a lot less Kindergarten teachers because it would be just too dangerous of a job. Actually, I'm planning on having my much more talented talker 3-year-old make a little parady of this because, really, she's clearly so much more adorable then Pearl. She already knows how to call her grandmother a hoochy-momma. That has grandma seriously rolling with laughter and tears coming out of her eyes. You could be right though. Maybe we've corrupted her. Maybe THAT is why she colored on my van with a ball point pen. *sigh* what will we do?

June 25 2007 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy Caporali

I loved it! It was hilarious! My boyfriend showed it to me and I think it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! I do have kids, and I still think it was funny!

June 24 2007 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Valleryplayford

This is the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life. And pearl is the cutest baby girli have ever seen

June 19 2007 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanne R

I was quaking myself when Will opened that door to show tiny Pearl, the landlord, demanding what was rightfully hers. Late, again, with the rent? The rat bastard!

She could barely contain her anger, but I believe she got her point across. Hopefully, this won't happen again.

It's apparent that being a landlord is not all it's cracked up to be. The heavy drinking, has obviously taken a toll on Pearl as she staggered off with her beer, nightgown barely hanging off her shoulder.

I hope she gets to an AA meeting after she gets her drink on!

Seriously, she was very cute, and way too sweet an innocent to have picked up such bad language. But, then, hanging around Will . . .

Jeannemarie :)