Idol FAQs: From Paula and Corey to Randy and "Dawg"

by Jon Peter Lewis, posted Apr 18th 2007 11:58AM

Jon Peter LewisI'm running out of things to say. This isn't exactly a recap, nor should it be and there are only so many times I can talk about their clothes or hairstyle, who they looked like, how I can or can't relate to them and the whole Idol experience, etc. before it all sounds the same.

Hmmm, maybe I could start answering some FAQs. Everywhere I go, it's always the same questions, so I'll see if I can get some of them out of the way for you. If you have any other burning questions you want to ask that I don't cover today, feel free to leave a comment here or on my Web site.

Is Simon really mean?
No. But, that might depend on your definition of mean. He'll definitely tell you what he's thinking but not just to be mean to you. In fact, every time I've talked to him he's been really cool.

Does Randy really say "dawg" in private?
Surprisingly, yes. I thought it was an act before I was on the show, but I've never heard him talk any other way.

Is Paula really drunk all the time?
No clue. You know as much as I do on that one. Sorry if that doesn't satisfy you. I will say that she was always really nice to all the contestants. If you ever notice any of the contestants wearing a necklace with a star on it, most likely it came from her.

Did Paula ever try to pick up on you?

Did Paula and Corey Clark really have a "thing"?
How should I know?

Was there any behind-the-scenes love during your season?
Not that I'm aware of. Sorry, we were a boring group. But hey, we weren't cast for behind-the-scenes drama.

How has Idol changed your life?
I hate this question -- freakin' bland. However, by way of an answer, I think we all go through a series of defining moments and being plucked out of college to be on a national TV show would have an effect on anybody. For me, that translates into so many things -- from having a career path to suddenly having painfully transparent high school crushes calling to say "hello."

I'll leave it at those for now, but I'll try and save room to answer a few in each blog from now on. Like I said, feel free to ask away. I'll most likely respond to the extremely overused questions and the most interesting.

Before I finish up, I want to add my small voice to what others have said more eloquently before me and convey my deepest sorrow and condolences to the families and friends affected by the tragedy in Virginia. God be with you.

Jon Peter Lewis was a finalist on the third season of "American Idol." His newly released debut album, "Stories From Hollywood," is available everywhere online and can also be downloaded at americanidol.com. Visit Jon's Web site for more.

danielle

the show could be awsome, if Randy and Ryan were replaced

May 12 2007 at 6:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth

When people insult other people's abilities, it makes me wonder: gee, how many records have YOU sold? I think it's pathetic that you guys go to Jon's editorial "blog" and put him and his singing down. I'm sure that by now, he could care less if you don't like his music, but I just wanted to stick up for him, because although I'm a high school student, I'm neither transparent, nor would I ever call him just to say "hi". JPL, I think you're great. Oh and by the way, it's the "Lewis for Judge" girl.

P.S. Hopefully this is coherent..it's almost 2 in the morning.
>.<

April 22 2007 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sindy

Hi Jon,

No matter how, erm boring u felt ur group was.. hey at least ur season was the only one that ever held a SOLD out concert outside USA grounds.. n enjoyed a trip to Singapore right?

April 19 2007 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

Wow Jon you sure are a humble guy for some whos sings as well as you do.

Have you learned how to ignore people who are jealous of your success?

April 19 2007 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karin

How interesting that people who can't even spell Jon's feel qualified to make negative statements about his success.

The questions I have are better left unasked... dawg. :)

April 19 2007 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john h

Wow John you sure have some ego for someone that hasn't sold ant records and can't sing.

April 19 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Skippy

Wow, he certainly comes off as an insufferable putz, huh?

April 18 2007 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

Jon thank you for answering the questions so many of us have.
Also in my opinion season 3 was hardly a boring bunch. You were the only group I have gone to the tour to see.
Speaking of seeing you are awesome live!! Anyone who gets the chance should go see you!!!

April 18 2007 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendy

I've got a question for you... are you really doing the Idol summer camp?

April 18 2007 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply