October 26, 2014

Rumor alert: CSI to kill off a main character

by Anna Johns, posted Apr 18th 2007 1:43AM
sara sidle; gil grissom; william peterson; jorja foxIf you don't like spoilers, or even possible spoilers, just stop reading now. Seriously. If I see one comment about how I ruined the season finale of CSI for you... well, the other readers will ridicule you.

Everybody on board? Good.

TV Guide's "Scoopermodel" Ausiello is doing the math and he's estimating that the series is going to kill off Jorja Fox's character, Sara Sidle. There are three reasons: 1) Fox's contract is up next month and she hasn't signed a new one, 2) "Sources" say she's bored after seven years on the series and is ready for something new, and 3) Sara Sidle disappears in the season finale (also, her relationship with Grissom becomes public and the miniature killer returns).

Personally, I'd like to see a beloved character get killed off, but this will do. Someone definitely needs to go from that show, and when Jonathan and I suggested killing off Nick Stokes last season, a lot of TV Squad readers said they'd rather bid farewell to Sidle. It'll make an interesting 8th season for Grissom if she's dead. The season finale airs May 17th.

Rick

Im going to go WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY out on a limb, anyone think that the show could surprise us and maybe kill off Grissom instead of Sara? There was speculation earlier this season he was leaving the show, and while it wasnt well received, it could be a possibility... or I could be completely off my rocker. And I hope I have lost it, I would hate to see him go. Anyone who has an opinion, please respond. I am interested to hear feedback on this possibility.

May 15 2007 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anniehiltner

Sara's my favorite character! I really hope she's not killed off... I watch CSI mostly because of the romance part with her and Grissom. Without Sara, CSI is over for me...

May 05 2007 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
popofats

Sara better not die. I, like many other fans, will be very upset. GSR seems to be the only logical reason as to why CSI is beating Grey's Anatomy in ratings right now.

I hate Catherine, but would never go as far as wishing her dead. Have some respect people.

Ultimately, if Sara goes, I go....

Sara Dies = CSI Dies

May 04 2007 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

There are four of us here that would be very disappointed in this plot development. Sara is a character on the show with some depth and there is finally a chance to develop some background on the show outside of the domestic drama that is Katherine's life. We will be relieved if it all turns out to be posturing by the sides over salary.

May 03 2007 at 1:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Siobhan

I will miss SARA. I didn't think the show. showed many times they got to spend alone time and time to develop a relationship enough to really GRAB the attention from the audiance for Grissom's reaction to her dying or even missing. They need to build the relationship up to get us involved before they tear it out from under us.
Give them more time and some heated time!!!!

May 02 2007 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rob

She is the worst character on that show. I disliked Jorja Fox's character on "ER" and I have waited for her to disappear from CSI since the first time she stepped onto the screen. I both dislike her as an actress, and as a character, so this will make my TV watching hour on May 17th a wonderful time. Then, I will remember I have a life and not care anymore about what happens on a TV show....

May 02 2007 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fluffy

The series is winding down. The Grissom character has been lacking any life, spirit or spark all season. It seems his so-called love of Sara has ruined him and therefore ruined a good part of the show. So, I wouldn't miss her a bit. Perhaps if they just leave her missing she can resurface on Without A Trace and become Jack Malone's problem and leave CSI alone!

April 26 2007 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sid

dude that would be so screwed up i would be so ticked off jorja fox is my fav actress first of all secound of all warrick should be the one killed off because he really is nothing he has really no emotional input i dont think many people would be effected. third of all sara makes the show a little more human because she shows her emotions for victims and most of all grissom i think alot of people would be upset and just because she hasnt signed a new contract dosent mean any thing mabe she is puts things off tell last minute like me

April 24 2007 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ally

Sara is the reason I started watching CSI. I used to glance up from my book when my husband first started watching the reruns on Spike and it was Sara who got me interested. Well, at first it was both Sara and Grissom, but then I saw how he treated her and it became just Sara. She's a realistic, intelligent, down-to-earth professional woman, which isn't something we see in abundance on television lately. I like most of the other characters, and there are a few that I love, but if Sara dies, I won't be watching anymore.

April 24 2007 at 3:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Seriously, kill off Sara and I may actually watch an entire episode. I know I'd watch next season. This season has been lack luster and unimaginative. The writers have wasted enough time with a romance even Billy Petersen says is wrong. Killing off a main character may be just what the show needs. Sara has never been a favorite of mine and if Jorja wants to pursue something else, I say, bon voyage!

April 23 2007 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply