Lost audio podcast recap: April 20, 2007
This week's Lost audio podcast was full of information about the rest of Season Three. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse previewed next week's episode, "D.O.C.," and answered questions about recent episodes. Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim also discussed their theories about the paternity of Sun's child.
- Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim each thought they knew the truth about the father of Sun's baby. It turns out that each actor was given a different answer from producers.
- The actors were surprised at fan's reactions to "The Glass Ballerina." Some viewers believed that Jae Lee was pushed to his death, but Yunjin Kim confirmed that he did, in fact, commit suicide. She said that the script made the suicide far more clear, but that the episode was edited in a way that made Jae Lee's death more ambiguous.
- Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse introduced some interesting questions in their discussion of "Catch-22": Did Desmond change the future by saving Charlie? Will Charlie eventually have to die in some other way? Is it possible for Charlie to avoid his "inevitable" death? Would Desmond dying in Charlie's place make a difference? The producers believe that these questions will be resolved by the end of the season.
- With regard to the photo that the mysterious woman (Naomi) was carrying: we are meant to assume that the photo is a copy of Penny's photograph. We saw Penny's copy in the Season Two finale.
- We will learn the source of the cable on the beach sometime this season.
- Next week's episode will provide more information about Naomi.
- "D.O.C." will deal with the issue of Sun's baby. Juliet's motives for joining the crash survivors will also be examined.
- Lindelof and Cuse don't think fans should make a final ruling (good/evil) on Juliet yet.
- Ben has real, human parents. He was not a "test tube baby." The producers think fans should doubt Ben's claim that he was born on the island.
- Ben was not the father of Sabine's baby. Sabine was the pregnant woman in "One of Us" who died during Juliet's flashback.
- Dr. Christian Shephard is really dead.
- Damon Lindelof would not deny that a war could break out in the season finale, or that some of the crash survivors will die. He did, however, deny a rumor that Hurley will be shot.
- Producer Jack Bender is an artist, and his artwork has been seen in Widmore's office and in Desmond's hatch mural.
- Ben has been in love before, and in two weeks we will get "a sense" of who he loved.
- Danielle once mentioned a man named Montand who lost his arm. If the show ever does a Danielle flashback, Montand's story will be included. The film Wages of Fear, which starred Yves Montand, was the inspiration for the Lost character.
Check back next week for another podcast recap!