September 15, 2014

Charles Logan gone for rest of season, says Ausiello

by Meredith O'Brien, posted Apr 23rd 2007 4:22PM
President Logan on 24 It has been five long hours since viewers last saw 24's disgraced President Charles Logan being whisked into an ambulance after his ex-wife Martha stabbed him.

The reappearance of the Logans was a high point of the current, uneven season of 24, as fans and critics seem to adore the duo. So why has there been a news blackout when it comes to the condition of the man who, in the show's 11th hour, was quoting the Psalm of David about redemption and deliverance from evil?

Don't know. But TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, quoting a 24 source, says the former president will not be heard from again this season. "It appears Logan is going the way of those Russian mobsters on The Sopranos," he wrote. If he's correct, then this is a damned shame. Why bring Logan back with such fanfare and promise, only to see him go out in a hail of stabbings with a kiwi knife?

LC

I don't think we will see Logan the rest of this season. In the context of the show, there are only a few hours left and since he was stabbed, near death as I remember it, it would be stretching credibility, even for this show, to have him add anything to the current plot line.

Perhaps in passing we may hear of his condition, but that's about it. Too bad too. I was hoping to see more of Aaron Pierce this season instead of the babysitting job he was stuck with.

April 24 2007 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

David-Sorry, didn't see your post before I posted. You could be right. They MAY need Logan for next season. We'll have to wait and see.

April 23 2007 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I wouldn't trust ANYTHING that's coming out of the mouths of anyone connected with 24 right now. I suspect the producers have concocted a misinformation campaign to hide the upcoming surprises in the last few episodes. I'm advising my fellow fans to be a bit wary of the spoilers that the "reliable" sources are leaking.

The source telling Ausiello that Logan won't be back may be 100% correct. He may have disappeared into the 24 mist forever. But I'm not buying it. I haven't bought much of what has "happened" this season. I'm amazed that other people have, though.

April 23 2007 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Maybe they need him for next season.

April 23 2007 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Howard

That's not surprising for this show. I'm still wondering what ever happened to Beruz.

April 23 2007 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply