Idol gossip: Phil Stacey chosen by 'Vote for Worst' and other odds and ends

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Apr 23rd 2007 3:13PM
Phil StaceyVote for the Worst may have lost Sanjaya, but after polling their fans, they've decided to throw their support behind Phil Stacey.

Phil gave one of his best performances during last week's country week. But other than that, his singing has been consistently uneven. He's also hampered by his pale looks, and is often compared to Nosferatu or Bat Boy. Phil, no stranger to the bottom three, might just hang on a bit longer with VFTW's support.
  • Simon Cowell's London home was ransacked, with thieves making off with jewelry, silver, and electronic equipment. Simon left his house keys with building contractors who were working on his home, which the police called "unwise." Apparently, someone copied the keys and gained access to the house.
  • Looks like folks in India were not upset to see Sanjaya finally go. I guess we can put that conspiracy theory to rest. Not that Sanjaya is going to just fade away quietly. The Times of India quoted him as saying, "It's time for an Indian musician to come to the scene and I'd like to be that person."
  • McDonald's will be giving out American Idol Happy Meals toys until May 10, 2007. The Idol-inspired Happy Meals and Mighty Kids Meals will feature sunglasses, a portable MP3 toy, and other items slapped with American Idol logos that make "music" when you hit a button. Who exactly is going to be lining up for these toys? Toddlers? Tweens? Anybody? I have a feeling that these items will end up like all the other Happy Meals crap our kids don't need -- tossed into buckets at the bottom of their closets.

Nathan

Ok, I thought Phil Stacy on text voting was 5701 tonight, May 1. Why do I keep receiving thanks for voting for Melinda.

May 01 2007 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ela

i don't like melinda. i think she's faking her humility. she always acts surprised when the judges commend her singing. i like sanjaya because he's truly humble. he took the negative critiques in stride. i'm rooting for blake. i've always liked his contemporary hip style.

April 26 2007 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pearl

Although Sanji. was a big joke on the show, and definitely could not sing, I felt sorry for him when he was voted off, he is cute and the youngters loved him, maybe he will make in the music industry. Pearl

April 26 2007 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pearl

Melinda is by far the greatest on the AI show her voice and her presence on stage cannot be beat, Jordan is right behind her. I am hoping that Melinda will win.

April 26 2007 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bev

Lekisha needs to pick the right songs. Phil needs to go along with Chris. Melinda next AI

April 26 2007 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lin

Although the other Idol contestants are good, Melinda is the best American Idol contestant, ever! She does not lack confidence but is just humble. Believe me, this girl knows what good is and she is definitely that!

April 26 2007 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sanjuay

I think Jordin would make a great linebacker,that girl is huge! Likisha is a great screamer but cant really sing.This season is the worst and has begun the fall of this talent search.Theres nobody likable on this run

April 26 2007 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Talk about boring someone needs to give Paula a drink or something to wake her up. I can't believe she gets paid to set there and just agree with Randy on every singer. They should just donate her pay to charity.

April 26 2007 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karen

If people let judges remarks make their decisson on who to vote for then they need not vote for they have no brain. You have ears so listen and use your own judgement.

April 26 2007 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sis

I really hope that Jordan wins she is great to watch and this week when she sang she was just so wonderfull it made me tear up I have always liked her from day one the other ones are great also but just not as good as Jordan it was so sad last night when they saved her for last and had her thinking that she was going to go home I really hope she wins ........

April 26 2007 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply