October 20, 2014

Mark Harmon threatens to quit NCIS

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 24th 2007 4:22PM

NCISMichael Ausiello at TV Guide is reporting a big scoop: NCIS star Mark Harmon is threatening to walk off the hit CBS show.

Citing inside sources, Ausiello says that Harmon has always been fed up with producer Donald Bellisario's (Magnum, P.I., JAG, Quantum Leap) "chaotic management style" and wants off the show. The source also says that Harmon is one of the nicest guys on television and that he's in the right on this one. The dispute is described as "a big standoff."

So I'll ask you readers the same thing that Ausiello asks his readers: can NCIS survive without Mark Harmon, or is he the main reason to watch the show?

[via TV Tattle]

hitone92

I have been watching NCIS from the beginning and if Mark Harmon leaves (yes I love all the characters) but he makes them all together. This show will go down if he walks out...Big Big mistake Donald baby you will loose alot of viewers including me.

February 26 2013 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vtrembicki

i love ncis, i have fallen in love with the characters and the show would not be the same with out mark harmon. he is the show. besides being sexy as hell. i have seen every episode and know deep down in my heart. that the show could not go on without him.

December 17 2012 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oeighters

No! Mark has been there thru it all, all the way. I will not watch NCIS if he does.

September 18 2012 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sonia

The show wont be the same if Gibbs goes dont think ill continue to watch it as ill miss take hes not in

July 27 2012 at 6:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I HOPE THIS GETS SETTLED. NCIS IS NOTHING WITHOUT THE WHOLE TEAM. BIG MISTAKE BELLISARIO. THERE ARE GOING TO BE ALOT OF ANGRY PEOPLE OUT THERE AND NCIS LOS ANGELES IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS NCIS.

April 24 2012 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crylndmnn

Mark Harmon is NCIS. He can be hard as steel but one of his team is threatened in any way you can see the hurt and pain in his eyes. When he was off the show for awhile when he retired to Mexico, it was not the same. If this show loses Mark Harmon, it will not survive.

November 06 2011 at 6:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Mark Harmon makes the show complete, he is the perfect person to play Gibbs. he has the look, the style and attitude! I love NCIS and it really wouldn't be the same. As I'm here just want to say how much I love this show and never stop showing it!

July 18 2007 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

Whenever DB alters the Main Characters of one of his series, starting with AIRWOLFE up to JAG, the shows tend to loose their focus. If anyone should be dropped it should be DBs step-son, "the proby" He is boring

July 13 2007 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

After watching the final episode of the season, here in UK last week, I was devastated when Gibbs "retired" to Mexico !!! PLEASE tell me that he will be returning in another series. I think I would still watch NCIS as I like the rest of the cast but without Mark Harmon, I would be less interested. As far as I am concerned, he MAKES the show.

July 05 2007 at 7:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
n7koa_59806

I still remember when Mark Harmon played an Animal Control in the episode 905-WILD on EMERGENCY, in regards to a small pigmy goat. He's a great actor and for him to walk off the NCIS series, would be detremental. As far as I can see, much of the main actors, count on his encouragment. God knows I would. May he find a way to resolve this and peace to him and the rest of the crew. Enough said!

July 05 2007 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply