November 24, 2014

Passions to live ... on DirecTV?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 25th 2007 3:42PM

Juliet MillsFans of the NBC soap Passions who felt sad and neglected when the network announced that the show was ending after eight years take note: the show is going to live on!

The show is going to return this fall in a new home: DirecTV. NBC and the satellite system are about to finalize a deal that will keep the quirky soap opera (which includes, I believe, a character who is a witch, and used to have a character that was a doll brought to life) on the air for four days a week. They'll have to cut the budget, too, but at least the show will live on in some form.

This is the another move in DirecTV's plan to increase the amount of original programming they have.

R. Carter

What is this channel 101 that Passion's is moving to on Direct TV? What does this channel consist of? I'm sure Passion's isnt the only show that's going to air on it. It's not fair that Direct TV subscriber's are the only one's that will be able to watch it. I have to agree with other poster's on here that the show will die very soon after moving to their new channel. There arent enough subscriber's to keep it alive. And to all the people that say Passion's is boring..I guess you think the Today Show is so exciting? That's why theyre taking Passion's off so they can give the Today show another hour. Now that show is boring!

July 22 2007 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan foley

yup, and I will be subcribing to Allarco Entertainments new channels, so I can watch it too. Thank God!!!

July 09 2007 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diane

My daughter and I enjoy waching Passions and glad it'll be back on television yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee. And we have direct tv so we can watch it.Tess and ethan should be together 4-ever

July 09 2007 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan foley

GREAT NEWS, Passions has been saved in Canada for sure, I talked with Allarco Entertainment this afternnon to inquire about them airing Passions and they confirmed the e-mail that was sent to me that they will indeed be airing it. Don't worry either about missed episodes because if you subcribe right away in October you will be able to watch all of the missed episodes as a catch up for them, they told me this this afternoon. Also, to correct a mistake I made, you do NOT need a High Definition TV, that is only for some of their channels. Passions will be shown on one of their Premium stations that is not High Definition. You no longer need to mourn the loss of your favourite show. WE DID IT, YAY.

I contacted Rogers Television lately to inquire about SoapNet because I heard that Direct Tv was picking it up. They sent me an intersting e-mail that I would like to share:

Dear Jonathan,

SoapNet is not licensed for carriage in Canada. However, the CDN rights
for Passions have been purchase by Allarco, a new Pay TV operator in
Canada. This new service is going to be launching in October 2007.

Regards,
Nancy Cottenden
Corporate Communications

From what I understand this new Premium service will bring Passions to Canadian viewers but not until October. You will need to subcribe to it, but it won't be available until October.
Allarco Entertainment is not a Cable or Satellite Company, don't confuse it with what the US has for Passions. Allarco entertainment will introduce new specialty channels which you will have to pay to view. They will be Premium channels, it will be like the Movie Network or Movie Central, only these channels will have alot of specialty shows, like Passions. I'm not sure what satellite or cable company they will start out on, it will be national, that I do know. When I spoke with them they informed me that they were in talks with Bell Express VU. which is what I have. That doesn't mean though that they will not go to other Cable/satellite providers. we got the better deal in my opinion, because the whole nation will not have to subsribe to one satellite company to view it.
Allarco Entertainments number is for Canadians:

780-430-2828

Call!!! I promise you won't be disappointed
BIG NEWS, Allarco entertainment will introduce six new channels, Passions will be seen on one of their standard channels, you will not need a high definition TV, for all thosde people who were worried about it. I just got off the phone with Allarco Entertainment yesterday.

July 06 2007 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
masi

hmm, moving passions from nbc... is WRONG i like this show alot.. and im only 14 >_< goodness... why DirecTV WHY?!!?!!? i wanna see who the damn blackmailer is !!!.. passions was fine on NBC.. switching it too DirecTV is STUPID..

July 06 2007 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
masi

OMG WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU PPL DOING!!!!!!!! I WANT PASSIONS TO BE ON NBC GODD!!!! WHY FREAKIN DIRECTV AND THE WITCH IS SOO COOL LEAVE HER ALONE!!! >_<

July 06 2007 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tina in lakewood

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING PASSIONS FROM THE START! ANDI LOVES THIS SHOW!!! NOWIAMSO MAD ,CUZ I DONT WANT THEM ON DIRECT-TV !!! PLZ, PUT PASSIONS ON LOCAL CHANNEL!!!!!!! I DONT HAVE DRIECT-TV!!I HAVE COMCAST CABLE!!!
PS. DONT STOP THE STORIES ABOUT THE WITCH!I LOVE HER!!

June 09 2007 at 11:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TERRYDIAZ825

I AM MAD WHY YOU WANT TO TAKE PASSION OFF THE AIR AND PUT ON DIRECT-TV THAT NOT GOOD BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE DIRECT-TV WHY YOU CANT PUT IT ON DVD OR CABLE TV LIKE THE SOAP CHANNEL I FEEL THAT I WASTE MY TIME WATCHING IT BECAUSE NOW IM NOT GOING TO NOW WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU TAKE IT OFF THE AIR OS THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE DIRECT-TV AND LIKE THE SHOW .

May 22 2007 at 12:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

IM GLAD THEY ARE GOING,SO TIRED OF THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, THIS IS A BORING SHOW,THE WRITER NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD_BYE PASSIONS

May 16 2007 at 1:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
violet

im glad they taking that boring Passion off the air..they should have left Another World instead...way better then Passion...they shouldnt even bother puttin it on Direct-TV..it's a waste of viewer time...and for those who like the wack soap...they dont have taste....i cant wait til its over...they had sooooo many dumb story lines..ill just miss a few characters

May 08 2007 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply