September 23, 2014

Sarah Silverman hosting MTV Movie Awards

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 26th 2007 4:03PM

sarah silvermanComedian Sarah Silverman will be hosting the MTV Movie Awards on June 3.

There will be a few changes made to the ceremony this year with reality show creator Mark Burnett at the wheel: the entire show will be broadcast live for the first time, allowing a more interactive experience for younger viewers, not to mention the chance to win the Best Movie Spoof award, part of a contest set up by MTV and Yahoo.

I think what's most depressing about all of this, for me anyway, is how MTV can make me feel old at the age of thirty. I find myself yelling at the TV like some old curmudgeon: "back in my day, they honored folks like Chewbacca and Clint Howard! Back then this show actually meant something!"

Damn kids today don't know what they're missing.

PORSCHE

I wonder if those are real??? Seem too perfect

April 28 2007 at 5:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

First, what does Mark Burnett know about serving young people - the guy is like close to 50 years old. Second, please tell Sarah to bring her boyfriend "God" with her!

April 27 2007 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

I think the male audience has thought about how Sarah would "perform" more than once ;-)

April 27 2007 at 4:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

I actually thought she was okay at the Independent Spirit Awards (she hosted two years in a row,) but as a whole, Spirit Awards was more fun than the dreadful MTV Movie Awards....so hopefully Silverman's "magic" at can help MTV.....seriously, this year can't possibly be worse than last year.....

April 27 2007 at 1:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

ratphink, Sarah's been working for years and had a movie in 2005: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422528/

Seems like she's well past 15 minutes. She was on Mr. Show in the 90s, putting her career in front of the camera at well over 10 years. As a writer she's been working steadily for about 15 years.

April 26 2007 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monty

We'll I think she's got about 3 minutes left or her 15 minutes.

April 26 2007 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Awesome. Love her.

April 26 2007 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

Mtv is dumb.

April 26 2007 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

Hey everyone look at me I'm Sarah Silverman, I'm cute and I make fart jokes. HEHEHEHEH

I hate Sarah Silverman.

April 26 2007 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgdc

Best time to host the MTV movie awards?

Sarah will tell you it's when you're a young black comic on the rise.

April 26 2007 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply