November 23, 2014

Adult Swim news: what to look forward to

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 27th 2007 1:29PM

frisky dingoHere's what's coming up on Adult Swim:

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, as mentioned previously, has received an order for thirty new episodes.

Moral Orel has also been picked up for a third season (which I already knew, but I was sworn to secrecy until it was officially announced). Also, the latter half of the second season kicks off this Sunday.

Also, look for new seasons of Venture Bros, Robot Chicken, Boondocks (finally!), Assy McGee, Frisky Dingo, Metalocalypse, Squidbillies, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (fifth season in 2008) and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law*.

Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, whose pilot has appeared a few times already, has also finally received a full episode order. The series was created by Loren Bouchard of Home Movies. Unfortunately, another pilot, Kogarth of Barbaria, was not picked up, at least not according to the latest news.

The live-action internet series Gemberling will make its Adult Swim debut as Fat Guy Stuck in Internet on Sunday, May 13. Other pilots airing that evening include the aforementioned Drinky Crow Show and That Crook'd Sip, along with Superjail and Let's Fish. These pilots will also appear on Adult Swim Fix on May 10, if you want to catch them before they hit the TV. It's also worth pointing out that the fate of certain Adult Swim shows rests on how well the pilots do, so do your part and watch them, dag nabbit.

Oh yeah, and there will be seven nights of Adult Swim programming starting this year. Neat.

*Despite what The Hollywood Reporter says, Harvey Birdman is actually just finishing off its remaining episodes and not getting a new season. Thanks to those readers who pointed this out.

treegoat

Korgoth was great - too bad it's not coming back. Any news on Minoriteam? Is that finished? I hope not. Nice to see Killface!

April 28 2007 at 12:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nik

When I was at an mc chris show (mc pee pants from athf and hesh from sealab) last week, he announced his return to adult swim. He said he has a new show starting on May 13th.. or 19th?

I'm excited.

April 27 2007 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trina

Frisky Dingo is awesome! Glad to see it's coming back for another season.

April 27 2007 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

Is there a date for the new Squidbillies? That show is awesome.

April 27 2007 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rhonda

First off theirs nothing wrong with the anime line-up infact I think they need to go back to have Saturday as an anime only line-up and leave the comedy cartoons to Sunday.

I'm happy to see that the Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, and Boondocks are coming back with some new episodes. I like Frisky Dingo but it wouldn't bother me none if it came back or not.

I can't wait till new episodes to air because I getting tired of watching reruns.

April 27 2007 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galhar

Has there been any news yet on the new season of the boondocks?

April 27 2007 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

Kalten, the correct term is "anime"
Japanimation is rather racist imo.

April 27 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kalten

I can't understand why they wouldn't pick up kargoth? That cartoon is hilarous! It certainly is funnier then Aqua Team Hunger Force and alot better then all those lame japanamation cartoons they have on now days.

April 27 2007 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

Yes to Assy McGee and no to Korgoth?

Fools!