July 24, 2014

Boothe says 24's creepy VP not misguided

by Meredith O'Brien, posted Apr 30th 2007 2:55PM
Noah Daniels on 24 I'm sure I'm not the only one who's still reeling from the 24 love scene last week featuring Acting President Noah Daniels, and who's praying we don't see a romantic replay in hour 20.

In the meantime, Powers Boothe, who plays Daniels, defended the power-mad pol to TV Guide, saying that he doesn't think Daniels is "misguided." "You had a nuke go off in [California]," Boothe said, "and people are sitting around wringing their hands. He feels like he has to do something."

On a personal note, Boothe said he's a C-SPAN watcher, was raised Democrat but is now an Independent and thinks 24 appeals to people on all political stripes. Given that he says he's "politically informed" and watches Senate hearings, I can't help but wonder whether, despite his comments to the contrary, if he's channeling a real-life politician, particularly when Daniels is pawing an aide in the Oval Office. (*Insert your own political joke here.*)

[Via 24headquarters.com.]

C C

Well, the end of this season isn't going to be Bobby Ewing in the shower, but you're not far off. This season IS an illusion. A total con. It will turn out to be the opposite of Jack in a hell-hole in China-he wasn't in Chinese custody for very long at all.

Contrary to the "spoilers" that have been leaked, I think we're going to see Kim Bauer in the last couple of episodes. With our luck, she'll be "kidnapped" again.

May 01 2007 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

What if they're doing a "Dallas" storyline with Jack? By that I mean, what if this entire season is taking place in Jack's mind in some hell-hole in China?

Why did they have to bring back Audrey? I know it's simply because Kim Raver's series was canceled early in this TV season and she was available, but to my way of thinking Kim would have been a much better choice.
I guess I just need an Elisha Cuthbert fix.

May 01 2007 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

Sigh...can't get a decent conversation going!

April 30 2007 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

Ha ha.

April 30 2007 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tcc3

OMG Mike Doyle is Michelle! Her death was jut a cover up for an embarrasing sex change op!

Only Milo knows the truth. Thats why theres friction, hes afraid of his love for her/him.

April 30 2007 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

The Daniels thing is probably a coincidence. Mike Doyle? I'm not so sure. My initial impression was that Mike Doyle was related to Jack-an allusion to Mike Bauer on Guiding Light (the soap of my youth). Now I think I was mistaken about that. If Doyle is connected to anyone, it's probably Michelle. They have the same initials, MD, and the name Michelle is the feminization of Michael.

Still, I think it's interesting that the writers made two allusions to Michelle, even if Daniels and Doyle turn out to have no connection to her.

April 30 2007 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

CC this is 24 not LOST. They are coincidences.

April 30 2007 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I'm probably just crazy. I have this nasty habit of looking for connections of any kind-even if they don't exist.

April 30 2007 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

CC, you're either a genius or you're crazy!

April 30 2007 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

Nope, he's not misguided. Either I'm crazy, or Noah Daniels will be proven NOT to be as sinister as he appears. I don't think the writers would name a villain after two major biblical heroes (Noah and Daniel).

I know that the 24 writers like to repeat names, but I'm getting a very strange feeling about them using "Daniels" as this character's last name.

It may be nothing, but the name "Danny", a diminutive of "Daniel" or "Daniels", came up before in the series. Remember Michelle's emotionally unstable brother? Who showed up in season two? It could be just a coinkydink. But I'm really wondering if the writers could be up to something.

Also, Mike Doyle shares the same intials as Michelle-MD.
Is this another coincidence? Maybe.

April 30 2007 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply