October 23, 2014

Dead Like Me goes to the movies

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 1st 2007 3:01PM
Dead Like MeDead Like Me fans rejoice! The canceled-too-soon Showtime series about grim reapers may return from the dead in a made-for-DVD movie. SyFy Portal reports that a Dead Like Me film is in the works.

Dead Like Me aired for two seasons on Showtime in 2003 and 2004. The series starred Ellen Muth, Mandy Patinkin, Jasmin Guy and Callum Blue, just to name four of the stars who appeared in the series' 29 episodes.

The Dead Like Me movie will be directed by Stephen Herek, the man behind The Mighty Ducks and Mr. Holland's Opus. It is unknown at this point if the cast will be back for this made-for-DVD movie especially since some of them are part of TV series. No details about the movie plot have been released either.

Both seasons of Dead Like Me are available on DVD. The show also reruns on various networks.

Dave Chmela

OK, If youre ~really~ a fan of DLM. how can anyone here say this DLM Movie was so great?
No Rube, no Daisy, different writers, comic book intro,
I'm sorry, I think the movie was someone's idea on how to make $ off a loyal crowd of fans who were rightfully angry and sad, that the ORIGINAL show was cancelled.
I AM a fan of the Series, however, I would warn the potential movie watcher here, you may be sorry you didn't leave well enough alone.
Its no 3rd Season thats for sure.
I thought it was very lame.
Completely disappointed in it.
Stick to your Season 1&2 DVDs available at good prices, and , yeah, its too bad it was cancelled, great show.
But the Movie, is an insult.

March 26 2009 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Colleen

Yahoo!!! This show was one of the best on the small box - a smart, funny show that was able to sustain our interest in the shared existential crises of the various reapers. Ellen Muth was fantastic - as was everyone else. This show asks and reflects on important cultural questions - Who are we - the slippage between life and death and so on. And lets not forget the little actress that played Reggie so brilliantly - I hope she is back too. :^) Please producers, please bring back this amazing show!

July 14 2007 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jane cook

love to know more news of this movie if it gets go a head.it should have all the cast from the series in it

June 17 2007 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JMC

Yay!!!! I just wrote a post about "Dead Like Me," and was wondering if there was any other news about it. This is great, but they really do need the same cast. They did the characters so well. If it's going to be the last we see of DLM, then I hope it takes us through George meeting her quota. That seems like a logical ending point.

June 06 2007 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bianca

This is brilliant news! This is the BEST show ever made, and it needs a proper ending at least. I really hope the actors can all make it back, they made it what it was.

P.S. Joe: I think you'll find the reapers all have different quotas, so it wont necesarrily go by when they died.

May 28 2007 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Caravella

I think I'd like to see The story continue for more than just one dvd mind you 2 hrs of New DLM beats 0 hrs Thats Like 4 eppisodes anyway. so three movies would compleate a seaon arc LOL. so Lets Be greedy & wish for 3 DLM Movies with the original cast then they can make more replacing the reapers who would have reached thier quotas over time anyway (Rube should be close to reaching his if you follow the story arc)Daisy adaire would be next to leave after rube since they both died in the 40's,Mason would Follow (He died In the60's) Roxy would Go next (She died In The 80's) & Since George died In 2003 she'd Become the leader she could Make 50 DLM movies I'd Never get enough of her LOL.Maybe They can start a secind one with Reapers Who died during Odd Decades LOL 30,50,70,90 LMAO. I watch too Much TV

May 24 2007 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gill

Well, this is going to be interesting.

--If Bryan Fuller left soon after the pilot and doesn't return to do the movie, what difference does it make? As long as the writing doesn't go downhill and the actors return the movie has great potential to close up the series.

May 05 2007 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

The Tick, Wonderfalls, Firefly and Dead Like Me ... were all series that were cancelled way before they should have been

if this is true and the cast reunites it will be awesome ...

May 02 2007 at 2:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CT

Can we have a Wonderfalls movie too?

May 01 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

What I wonder is if this will really be a continuation. If they use a new actress, it could be a reboot.

May 01 2007 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply