December 20, 2014

Gilmore Girls is done; series finale to air May 15

by Joel Keller, posted May 3rd 2007 2:59PM
Lauren Graham and Alexis BledelTV Squad HQ just received a missive from Warner Brothers and The CW. It's a joint statement that says that Gilmore Girls will air its series finale on May 15th (A representative for Warner Brothers confirmed the note).

Yes, you heard me: series finale. After seven seasons, it looks like both the studio and the network have decided to pull the plug and end the show. There were rumors floating around that co-star Alexis Bledel was not going to sign a new contract for an 8th season, and the show couldn't really continue without her. Given the middling quality of the episodes this year, especially in the extremely rocky first half of the season, this seems like the right time to end the show, though it now seems like we're in a rush to the finish line to try to tie up all the show's loose ends.

So, this means we have two episodes left. Do you think Rory will get married to Logan? Will Lorelai and Luke take that boat trip that Luke was going to go on with his daughter April? And do you folks think the show needed more time to resolve these storylines? Let me know in the comments. The joint statement is after the jump.

Joint statement from The CW and Warner Bros. Television regarding "Gilmore Girls"

"Announcing the final season of 'Gilmore Girls' is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and 'Gilmore' fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send-off it deserves."

GILMORE GIRLS finale airs Tuesday May 15 on The CW at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Gilmorefan yeah otherone

I am shocked by this and I know that the critics have been hard to this last season, I have been a little hard criticizing how the show is going, even though I liked episodes like the Hay Labirynth one (sorry my spelling) that was kind of fun, I don't want it to be cancelled, they were doing a good job maybe they could just catch up with what are the espectances of people, I think they doa great job without the Palladinos, of course the show was not the same without them, but it was still a good show, it is so sad that it has ended, it was one of the best shows on TV in the last years I really loved it, I really love it.

May 23 2007 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
male

i cant believe they ended with GG

its thebest program i have seen , congratulations to everyone who was part of it .. i know theres a lot o people who will be sad to hear that there wont be another season
and i must say that rory should have accpeted logan

May 22 2007 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chasity

I hate the fact that Gilmore Girls is ending. I didn't start watching it until a couple of years ago, but I completely fell in love with the characters. How could you not love them? I would love for it to go atleast another season to wrap up the loose ends and give everyone an ending we would like to see, perhaps Rory and Logan moving off together, and Loralei and Luke maybe getting married. Maybe that isn't the ending everyone wants to see, but just an idea. I know that I would love to see more of the GG instead of the shows that have gone completely downhill. This is so not fair that we only had two weeks to get used to the idea that the show wasn't going to return for another season.. Completely sucks!

May 18 2007 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

thats stupid we saw suki get married and lane but not rory or loralai what up with that there is so much more to the story line.. maybe the writers at cw cant think they are just idiots and thats why it is ending..

May 17 2007 at 11:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

i am the saddest person alive i love gilmore girls and yes i think that they are pushing the end two fast at least let it end with a happy ending... but i dont think it should end i have seen it from the very first episode and i still love it they could make it so much better if they keep the show going... keep the gilmores alive...

May 17 2007 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Norma Drexel

This last season was so boring and the ending was not fair for us fans, it was so empty, I just cryied...so bad written...they didn´t give us the end it deserved after 7 seasons of fidelity!!!!!!!!buaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

May 17 2007 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lesley

After all this time of debating will they won't they, the show's producers owe it to the faithful to give us a better ending. Why don't they do a two hour special and give us an ending to end the show properly. When this last series started I predicted a wedding at the very end, only you didn't actually get to see who got married. Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, but I will miss those girls despite all the frustrations.

May 17 2007 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

Wow - what an awful surprise. Ending the show so suddenly leaves a lot unresolved and after seven seasons I feel as though I was just ripped off. Do Luke and Lorelai finally reconile and get back together? What happens with Logan and Rory? Do Lorelai and her mom ever come to an understanding? What happens with Christopher?

The series needed to end somewhere but with some resolution for the fans who have been watching for seven years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 17 2007 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alejandro

I loved this show from it's first episode. I'm really going to miss it. I love you, Lorelai and Rory. Goodbye.

May 17 2007 at 5:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erwin Verbeek

I'am a viewer from the Netherlands. Just saw the last show. Had tears in my eyes, that from a 37 years old guy. And why because these two ladies gave me happiness. Which is rare in my live. It was for me a joy to watch them, i've learned thinks about woman i will never learn in real live. The world sucks for a long time now, and the GG show was 45 minutes of not thinking about that. I would like to thank Lauren en Alexis for making long hours at work! i will always love you both. And i would like to thank the producers for the episode where fibromyalgia was mentioned. I'am sad that one of the last good shows is gone.

May 16 2007 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply