October 25, 2014

Leno confuses George Lopez and Paul Rodriguez

by Bob Sassone, posted May 3rd 2007 1:39PM

LenoBack in January, comedian George Lopez went on WOMX and told hosts Scott and Eric that Jay Leno is "the biggest two-faced dude on TV," "one of the worst interviewers on TV," and a "backstabber." So when Leno saw Lopez at The Laugh Factory's salute to Richard Jeni (who committed suicide earlier this year), he wanted to bury the hatchet with him. The two started talking, and Leno wanted to find out why he said those things.

One problem: it wasn't George Lopez, it was Paul Rodriguez!

As if that's not embarrassing enough (Leno has known Rodriguez for 30 years!), but Leno's explanations were lame too. First he said he didn't have his contacts in, and then he said he was confused because he was upset over Jeni's death.

Ouch.

VSJ

Leno = stupid white guy!

May 03 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Harry

@tubgirl

My God. I can't believe how angry this story made you, but I sympathize. When I hear that Leno's integrity is in question, I often black out, only to be told later by friends that I spent my unconsciousness ranting about urban housing conditions.

May 03 2007 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tubgirl

Yes, I am who I am. The daughter of a great man who ministered in the church for over 50 years, who changed lives during the civil rights era and marched with Dr. King. The sister of a highly respected coach in Spokane. The mother of a teenager who speaks 3 different languages and has traveled the world already, Germany, Ireland, Africa, Spain, yes - we HAVE been out of the country. Not because we're rich, but because we enjoy our lives. I am also the wife of a man who's learned to come back after a catastrophic accident that would have sent a lot of guys off a ledge. And I am a person who is a survivor in life, the former wife of an American Hero -- someone who died for his country and for the freedom for guys like you, 101st Airborne, I am proud of that.

And yes, we filed a chapter back in the early 90's after I was diagnosed with cancer and spent 2 years fighting for my life, and our doctor bills were over our heads when it was all over.

But I beat it.

And then I filed in 2004, because we had 2 houses we couldn't move on the market and we decided to swallow our pride and do what needed to be done to put the past behind us and move on into a new life. The mobile home was Joe's, the other house had been my dad's when he passed away, it was not marketable enough to account for the thousands of dollars we spent trying to fix it up and then hook it up to the new sewer in Spokane. We had to make a tough decision, and we were right in the middle of buying our own new home. So we made that decision.

People that file for Chapter 7 aren't scumbags who just don't want to take responsibility for their bills, most of the time they're regular people who had something go wrong and it got them in way over their heads and they just needed to put the past behind them and move on.

How can you honestly sit there and call any person that has ever sought debt relief a failure? How would you know?

Here's some others who have filed: Debbie Reynolds, MC Hammer, Wayne Newton, Derek Sanderson, Kim Basinger, Burt Reynolds, Thomas Jefferson, Toni Braxton, and yes, Donald Trump.

Are all of these people failures?

The fact is, you only believe what you WANT to believe, for that, you are frighteningly delusional and you want to mislead others into believing this age old propoganda you've been spewing about me since I ran you off my site back when I was on Rivals because you were totally rude on the boards, and I bannd you.

Oh and while we're at it, lets also kill this Rivals myth. I was not fired from Rivals. They were never my employee, they were an affiliate. I asked to sever the contract, we spent a few months negotiatinng it. I still have the paperwork that clearly states that I was the one that sought the release from my contract. I could scan that part of the paperwork and actually post it for your own eyes to see, as well some phone messages from Dick Neuheisel regarding that fax that I still have.

The reality of this is that you are detatched from reality where I am concerned. You don't know me, you don't know anything about me, except for the lies and BS you have told yourself and others for so long, if you tell a lie long enough, it begins to become the only truth you have. But your truth is so out there that it is almost comical.

May 03 2007 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cabrini

When life hands you lemons..... have a lemon party

May 03 2007 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Maybe he was just high.

Happens...

May 03 2007 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

Leno puts the "Che" back in douchebag.

May 03 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply