July 22, 2014

CSI star doesn't want to die

by Anna Johns, posted May 4th 2007 12:52PM
csiThere's going to be a shake-up with the cast of CSI this season because a certain long-time cast member can't come to a contract agreement with CBS. That's all I'm going to say before the jump.

If you don't want the CSI season finale spoiled, stop reading now. There's no way to report this story without spoiling, so consider this your warning.

*SPOILERS AFTER THE JUMP*

Okay, here's the deal: Jorja Fox's character (Sarah Sidle) is supposedly going to be killed off during the season finale of CSI later this month. As Sidle is not a particularly well-liked character, I don't think too many viewers will be upset. Of course, it'll be great fodder for Gil Grissom's character, who has been in a romantic relationship with Sidle since last season.

Here's the problem. According to the New York Post, Jorja Fox isn't happy about her character getting killed. So she has refused to show up to film her death scene. She is in a contract dispute with the network over salary (surprise, surprise), and the network's solution is to cut her loose. Fox's refusal to shoot her death scene, where she's crushed by a car, has resulted in last-minute rewrites of the finale and re-shoots to accomodate them. That's costing CBS a whole pile of money and you can bet the network is pretty pissed off at Jorja right now. According to Jorja's rep, her future on CSI is still "up in the air".

[Thanks, Fullman!]

Nicki

Me personally - I can understand why Jorja acts that way. I like all characters on the show, and I'd be disappointed and kinda pissed if they just kill someone off. The cast has always been the same and successful with it - so why fix something if it isn't broken?

I seriously think they should keep her in the show. She's part of the team, and even if a lot of comments say otherwise here - there's a whole bunch of people who like Sarah.

August 01 2007 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheyenne Daniels

I'm ten years old and I never miss a show, even all the re-runs.....
Sara is my favorite charature!!!!!
I don't want her killed off the show!!!
I want her to stay!!!!!!
I think Jorgia Fox is a great actor!!!!! I'm her biggest fan!!!!!!!

Keep Sara Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne

July 19 2007 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
William Raih

I was browsing until I found in the episode list that Jorja Fox gets kidnapped in the season finale, and it said the ending had a TO BE CONTINUED sign. I'm still desperate! Seasons last from May to September, and I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG. If Jorja dies, I will be filled with pain and trauma. Give me some information whoever is in charge of the episode airings. I hope Jorja survives, I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE, I can't take it anymore....

July 18 2007 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lois

Yup. I like the Sara Sidle character, too. I don't want to lose the show or any of the characters!

July 09 2007 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pink1990

I can't believe they would want to kill her off! Sara is my fave character and her and Grissom are so cute cos it kind of reveals a deeper side to him. She plays such a complex role esp compared to Katherine and she has that subtle thing going really well! Don't kill her off!

July 03 2007 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pink1990

July 03 2007 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

If they do kill Sara off, Catherine would have no one to fight with except Grissom, and he seems to hate confrontation and it's not that I don't like Catherine it's just that she is the 'queen bee' of the CSI and I like seeing Sara knock her down a few pegs and if Sara leaves that won't happen it will be like season one all over again a new person coming in etc...

June 04 2007 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CR

Wow, I had no idea that so many people hated Sarah Sidle (i.e. Jorja Fox). I actually really like that her and Grissom are together.
I also really don't understand people's comments about her looks...she's very attractive (her voice initially annoyed me too, but I"ve grown to like it. Its textured, and she's obviously a smoker). If anyone on that show is hard to look at its Katherine. How much surgery has that woman had since the show began? Don't get me wrong, I actually like Katherine's character, but if we're going to make comments about people's looks, at least Jorja Fox's face is genuine. On the other hand Katherine's ever expanding collegen lips and obvious eye lifts are making her look more like a clown (watch some old episodes with Katherine in them and you'll see what I'm talking about).

If Jorja is trying to hold out for more money, its her right. And who knows whether her on set antics really happened or whether she really didn't show up for taping (it could be the network leaking the story so that they don't look like the bad guys for killing her off).

I am in agreement with those who think that the show will suffer when and if she leaves...I guess we'll find out on the season premiere.

May 25 2007 at 3:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

oh look the influx of Grissom/Sara people, no doubt having been sent here by some post on one of their forums. Personally I've disliked Sara since day one. She's annoying and I highly doubt its only the scripts' fault. She's grown on me a little but I wouldn't shed any tears if Sara died. And Jorja doesn't seem to take contracts seriously when there's money on the line. Oh and to defend Marg, I love her character, she's savvy, mature and man that actress has aged soooo well. If you've got it, and you're beautiful, by all means flaunt it.

May 23 2007 at 2:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EvaB

I personally love her character. I watched the finale last night and think they really should save her at the opening of the next show. That romance is what keeps me watching a show that got a little old. Without a little something extra like that the show is simply getting boring.

May 18 2007 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply