TV Obits: Greer, Richards, Jenson
by Bob Sassone, posted May 4th 2007 8:35AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Dabbs Greer: Name a TV show, and Greer made an appearance on it. He was the ultimate character actor, having appeared on several shows over the years, including The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Spy, Diagnosis: Murder, Ally McBeal, Spin City, L.A. Law, Empty Nest, The Andy Griffith Show, The Twilight Zone, The Brady Bunch, The Rifleman, Lizzie McGuire and so many others. One of those character actors who played a half dozen different roles on various shows. He was a regular on Picket Fences, Maybe It's Me, and Little House on the Prairie. He died in Pasadena at age 90.
- Roy Jenson: Jenson appeared on several TV shows over the years, including Magnum, P.I., The Dukes of Hazzard, Charlie's Angels, The Rockford Files, Kojak, Fantasy Island, Vegas, Kung Fu, Daniel Boone, Mannix, and many others, as well as movies like Chinatown and Every Which Way But Loose. He died in Los Angeles of cancer at age 80.
- Jill Richards: Richards was an actress for a short time, appearing on shows like Dragnet and The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickock, but was more famous when she became a fashion designer for celebrities, including Nancy Reagan and Victoria Principal. She died from complications of Alzheimer's Disease at age 85.
- Tom Poston: The veteran comic/actor died on May 1 at age 85 (read our obit here).
- Tommy Newsom: The ex-Tonight Show bandleader died at age 78 (read our obit here).