April 20, 2014

Elizabeth Berkeley has a website for kids

by Anna Johns, posted May 6th 2007 9:11AM
elizabeth berkeleyElizabeth Berkeley, who used to star on Saved By the Bell and is perhaps best-known for her role in ShowGirls, has launched a website called "Ask Elizabeth". It's for pre-teen and teen-age girls. And it's the cheesiest goddamn thing I've seen a long time. There are pink clouds, fairies, hearts, glitter, and Hello Kitty everywhere. I guess I'm just not that much of a girlie-girl.

The point of the website is well-intentioned. She wants to communicate with impressionable adolescent girls about body image and socializing. She already does so in school functions and her new website is an extension of that. One of the links for "Expert Advice" has a "Coming Soon" promise of video tutorials and columns from doctors, makeup artists, professional trainers, hairdressers, etc. who are all female.

[Via TV Tattle]

BillS

That's not bad, but I prefer Candace Cameron Bure's (DJ Tanner from Full House) website, which includes an "Are you a good person?" test:

I had no idea that I was guilty of breaking all ten commandments (even murder, somehow), but I have the feeling many of you, based on this test, will be joining me in hell.

May 06 2007 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

What the HELL does this have to do with TV reporting???

May 06 2007 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

i always wanted to see a movie that was a cross between showgirl and scarface called scargirl. she could still be a vegas showgirl but with machine guns and coke.

May 06 2007 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clint

Elizabeth covers other topics including:
-What to do when your friend allows you to be Validictorian, even though you didn't deserve it.
-What to do when a good friend kisses you in a school play and your steroid taking boyfriend gets upset.
-How to handle not getting into Harvard
-How to cope with your dad marrying/bopping a hottie half his age.
-What to do when your new step brother wants to start an inter-racial relationship with your best friend

Not covered:
-Why stripper roles in movies simply can not help your career.
-Where have I been the past 5 years.
-And when will you see me on the Surreal Life

May 06 2007 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

I'm making no judgements, I certainly couldn't care less, but it reminds me of the quote by Jimmy James on NewsRadio: "That sweet girl from Saved By The Bell... did you know she did a dirty movie?"

May 06 2007 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Molly D.

I can't believe you didn't make a "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so *scared*" reference.....It's so fitting!

May 06 2007 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply