November 1, 2014

FX renews Dirt, Riches; moves Rescue Me

by Anna Johns, posted May 8th 2007 7:12PM
the richesIt's official. FX has ordered second seasons of Dirt and The Riches, something Joel already said was likely to happen. With multiple showings during the week, both Dirt and The Riches are getting upwards of 5-6 million viewers per week. Those numbers are comparable to The Shield and Rescue Me.

Plus, FX has suddenly changed its mind about Rescue Me's placement on the schedule. This weekend, I told you that the premiere date was set for Tuesday, June 12th. Well, as of today that premiere has been bumped back to Wednesday, June 13th and Rescue Me will air on Wednesdays at 10 pm through the summer.

Glenn Close's new drama, Damages, will take the Tuesday night 10 pm slot starting July 24th.

In case you're keeping track, that brings FX to six original dramas, more than any other cable network.

kristen

The Riches is the best show I've seen in a while.

June 06 2007 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karla

I am so ecstatic about the renewal of DIRT's second season. It should be a great one!

Kudos to Courtney Cox for having a career after Friends. :)

May 18 2007 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

FX continues to crank out outstanding shows. I will give any new show on FX a try.

I agree with hotboudain. I love how they air a show's season run uninterrupted, then begin the run or another show.

Nip/Tuck is great - the move to LA will give it a fresh start.

Though not as popular, I'm really happy that they gave Dirt another season. I love me some Dirt.

The Shield is always impressive.

Rescue Me is also great. It's interesting/different to have a main character that's so f*****-up.

I wasn't sure about the Riches at first but it's getting better and better. The latest episode where Dahlia's cellmate showed up and worked as their maid was outstanding.

The content is always edgy and they always push the envelope. It's great adult TV and they don't dumb things down. They give their audience some credit for being able to appreciate complex characters and complex plots.

FX makes network tv seem like milktoast.

Can you imagine a show like ER on FX? That would be awesome.

May 09 2007 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clint

Rescue Me is an amazingly awesome show, and is the only good thing about the regular TV season ending.

May 08 2007 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

Any word on when It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will start airing season 3??

May 08 2007 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anthony

F/X has some of the best shows going right now:
The Shield
Nip/Tuck
Rescue Me
The Riches
Thief was also excellent.
They are getting great writing and acting (also some of the best guest stars). The way their shows are programmed are also great; new episode each week then move to the next great show. I love it..

May 08 2007 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply