August 1, 2014

Las Vegas news: Selleck definitely in, Caan out after season premiere

by Bob Sassone, posted May 9th 2007 3:38PM

Tom SelleckA while back we told you about news that Las Vegas producers had approached former Magnum, P.I. star Tom Selleck about joining the series, and now NBC has announced that it's a done deal. Selleck will join the show this fall and be the new billionaire owner of the Montecito with a mysterious past (of course).

But James Caan fans take note: he will appear in the first episode of the new season to wrap up his storyline, and resolve those cliffhangers from the final episode this season. Along with Caan, Nikki Cox is also leaving the show.

Hmmm...mysterious billionaire? They should give Selleck's character the name Robin Masters. That would be funny.

[via TV Tattle]

vacelts

It'll be nice to see Tom Selleck back in prime time. I loved his stint on 'Friends' and am glad to have him back.

May 11 2007 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

I'll keep watching!

Get rid of Caan and Cox, bring in new secondary characters...story lines open up.

Heh...I like the idea of calling him Robin Masters!

May 09 2007 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I hope they can keep it going for more then 1 more season, but at least we get a season where all the loose ends are tied up! Any news on how many episodes Nikki Cox is gonna be in ?

May 09 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

That's doubtful. I think NBC doesn't have anythnig better so they renewed this show just to finish off the storylines.

And I want a charater called Mathrew Bates. I went to school with someone named that, I think his parents were high at the time.

May 09 2007 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

Maybe this series has a chance to last more than 1 more year after all.

May 09 2007 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply