October 26, 2014

The Simpsons Xbox 360 console you'll never have

by Adam Finley, posted May 10th 2007 5:21PM

simpsonsExcuse me if I salivate like Homer standing near a box of donuts, but this is awesome. I want myself a Simpsons Xbox so bad and I don't even play video games. Our pals over at Endgadget, who know more about such things, say that the new system, created as a promotion for the upcoming Simpsons movie, is an Xbox 360 Pro and not an Elite, which apparently means less GBs.

Don't bother trying to find it in stores, though, because only one hundred of these machines were created and they'll be given away at different promotional events as we get closer to the film's release on July 27.

I suppose if you want to you could always just draw a picture of Homer on your Xbox with a Sharpie. Heck, draw Homer on everything in your house and pretend you won some kind of sweepstakes.

Leigh

Just won one on MTV yesterday. Playing a donut-tossing game. Its not an elite (which is what i want) so i put it on ebay.

July 24 2007 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

It wouldn't be that hard to do, if you can find the right color spray paint, find a nice stencil of homer. You could even paint the controller without much difficulty. By the way, i mean take it apart first. People should get into modding. hackaday.com and even engadget itself has this sort of thing.

May 13 2007 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

Does anybody know where we can get this? Like where are the promotional events?At which thearters?

May 13 2007 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Geoff

this isnt that hard to make. there are alot of things one can do to an xbox to mod it. ebay things such as xbox360 cases etc. and there are step by step videos on youtube on how to mod an xbox.

May 13 2007 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

First!

May 13 2007 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KillahWhalah

Ohmygawd. This is marvelous, and I don't even play video games OR love the simpsons, but yet, I do love donets.

Also, if you drew everywhere in the sharpie-- you need yellow too! And for me, yellow sharpies are oh so hard to find.

May 13 2007 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply