April 18, 2014

NBC news: goodbye Scrubs, hello Lipstick Jungle

by Bob Sassone, posted May 11th 2007 2:38PM

ScrubsNews about NBC's fall schedule continues to trickle out, this time from Bill Carter over at the New York Times.

Looks like the network is going to pick up five dramas: Lipstick Jungle (from Sex and the City creator Candace Bushnell), Chuck, Life, Journeyman, and The Bionic Woman. The network has not made a decision on Law and Order or Law and Order: CI yet, but it looks like Friday Night Lights is coming back for a full season.

The shows being canceled? No surprise that Studio 60, The Black Donnellys, and Crossing Jordan are gone, but it's a little bit of a surprise that Scrubs isn't coming back. There's been talk that ABC might take the show, but no official word on that yet.

NBC's upfront announcement is this Monday.

Update: Nikki Finke is reporting that Scrubs has been picked up by NBC, but no other info is available about it.

Moe

You're not the only one who will sorely miss The Black Donnellys. I absolutely love the show and have been emailing network after network to try to get it picked up where it might be appreciated the way it should. There's a whole mess of us that have been campaigning for this show. It's rumored that HDNet is in the process of picking up TBD. Check out Thefirecrackerlounge.com or TBD forum on NBC for more details.

May 19 2007 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cherish

Well, I guess I know why The Black Donnelly's is going away - I was apparently the only one who LOVED it. Best show I have seen in YEARS!!! All the episodes are at nbc.com if you missed it on TV - don't miss it there. I think it was a sleeper, and we are all missing out that it is over. I was so into the characters and now they are gone. : ( If you love it as much as I did, please tell NBC http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

May 19 2007 at 3:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
E.V.E.

I love Law and Order CI, but I watch only the episodes with Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe, they made the show and they will always be the show, without them Law and Order CI ratings will continue to plummet. Detective Goren is the best there is. I do not watch any episodes with Chris North, they are very boring with him in it. Vincent has appeal, Chris North does not.

May 14 2007 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stigmata

since when does bob get ANYTHING right?
haha!

thank god he is wrong yet again, i like scrubs, its a pretty solid show, there are only a handful of good comedies out there now:
scrubs, earl, office, 30 rock, how i met ur mother, and maybe reno 911, but thats it.

May 12 2007 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl

As I mentioned in the most recent Scrubs episode thread, NBC finally stopped saying "Only X more episodes of Scrubs" and startes saying "Only X more episodes until the Season Finale" like with any other show.

Season, not series. So we've known it was picked up since at least yesterday.

Show had an awful start to the season, but it's improved drastically the past two episodes, well, aside from Dr. Toilet.

May 11 2007 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Corey

Yeah, Scrubs is getting a shortened 18 episode renewal, it looks like.

May 11 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

Kristin at E! also says "Scrubs" is a go.

CHANGE YOUR HEADLINE!

May 11 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Jones

The Futon Critic reporting Scrubs renewed aswell ... atleast update to show there is a chance of both being correct, right now I'm leaning towards renewed as FC is credible.

May 11 2007 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Caset TV networks do that all the time. They said the "final ______ episodes" for Heres for weeks and finally recently changed it even through Heros was picked up a long time ago.

May 11 2007 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casey Vincent

Another interesting tidbit...

Yesterday while I was listening to the radio a commercial for scrubs came on. While they had all previously said "The final 2 episodes" they had switched it to "The final episode... for this season". That to me said that it was coming back...

May 11 2007 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply