October 21, 2014

A sneak peek at NBC's new shows - VIDEOS

by Bob Sassone, posted May 15th 2007 3:02PM

The Bionic Woman

We told you yesterday about the new shows that NBC unveiled at their upfront, and now video previews of the new shows have made their way onto the web.

After the jump are previews for the new shows The Bionic Woman, Journeyman, Life, and Chuck, along with my quick notes on what I think based on these little snippets. Those legs above aren't exactly sexy. Maybe that's just a temporary state.

Here's The Bionic Woman, Jaime Summers, waking up in the hospital and freaking out over her new body:

Another clip from The Bionic Woman, with Jamie fighting an enemy - possibly an evil bionic woman? - on the top of a roof in the rain. Looks kinda cool, actually. Maybe they're going for a darker, Battlestar meets Alias vibe with this show:

Here's a clip from Journeyman, which seems to be a lot like Quantum Leap (guy going back in time and getting into adventures), but with more introspection and angst:

Here's another scene from Journeyman, with our hero trying to save a guy from being hit by a bus. Not really sure what's happening here (is the other guy a time traveler too? Can our hero sense trouble?)

Life is about a detective who spent 12 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and he still gets in trouble because of it:

And here's a scene from Chuck, which is about a nerdy computer guy who somehow becomes a spy. I don't really get this, since I thought the show was supposed to be a drama. It looks more comical than anything (and is that Seth Green, or an incredible reproduction?):

Obviously, you can't tell much about a show just from a 30 second clip, but what are your first impressions?

ash

Journeyman looks like a mix of quantum leap and the old journeyman games of the pc

May 17 2007 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Journeyman is scheduled right after Heroes so it should be a perfect timeslot for the show. The lead in from Heroes should maintain most of it's audience for long enough for the show to take off.

Of course that is assuming that the writing will be any good. Actually, any show featuring the fabulous Lucius Vorenus has GOT to rock!

May 15 2007 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

Is anybody else thinking of Freaks and Geeks when one of the characters dresses up as the bionic woman for Halloween? That is all I could think of when I saw this story.

May 15 2007 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Chuck looks like a bad G4 original. Computer geeks aren't funny. Unless you do it like the British version of The IT Crowd. THAT was funny.

May 15 2007 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

Maybe I'm an old fart, but the clips from "Life" looked more interesting than "Chuck" or "Journeyman". "The Bionic Woman" is also on my list of possible successes - people are as willing to accept a tough female character as they were in the 1970s and the producers have been wise enough to take what was really a cheesy series when you got right down to it and make it draker and grittier, in much the same way the same producer (David Eick) did with "Battlestar Galactica"

May 15 2007 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blair

Stop railing on Chuck. It looks like some innocent non-laugh-track-ridden comedy.

May 15 2007 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Bionic Woman and Journeyman both look interesting; unless there is a big scheduling conflict I will most likely tune in. I'm too young to have seen the original Bionic Woman or Quatum Leap, but I'm a really big sci-fi person and always willing to give new shows a try.
Unless I hear more about it, I probably won't watch Life. I'm not saything that it doesn't look good, it's just that I'm not too big on non sci-fi dramas.
Chuck looks cute to me. Gotta love my geek boys. :)

May 15 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

You still watch Deal or No Deal and you are bitching? Sheesh....

May 15 2007 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Bionic woman will fail just like Birds of Prey did. I still wonder how Alias got that many seasons. Women heroes aren't accepted in tough roles, that's simply it...

Besides, if they cut that clip any faster I am seriously going to barf.

May 15 2007 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Ott

All I can say about NBC's Fall 2007 season is that I hope
Deal Or No Deal either gets a major overhaul in the
money amounts (since the $1 million barrior hasn't even
been reached, yet), or they nix the family destractions
(surprises) and/or the crazy stunts Howie Mandell has
done for each contestant who's ever been on the show,
all of which have failed to change the show's outcome.
Everybody has lost $1 million to $5 million each show,
and even when they have that lucky $1 million case, they
always chicken out at the last minute, and take the
banker's offer, even though it's often less than what
they could win, anyway. If I don't read in the newspaper
about someone who finally wins the whole thing on
Deal Or No Deal, let alone see any posative proof that
this show is not in fact fixed an any way, whatsoever,
next season will be the last year I tune in to watch it,
no matter how long this game show lasts on NBC.
RICK.