CSI: Miami - Born to Kill (season finale)
(S05E24) This was a bit of a departure in terms of what we've come to expect from a season finale in the world of CSI, be it Vegas, New York, or Miami. I'm not complaining though. This episode felt much more like a wrap up of the fifth season of CSI: Miami and rather than leave us hanging with a ton of questions (there were a few), it left me feeling far more satisfied than I expected. Especially since we can look forward to plenty of new developments in the fall. I actually felt much better that one spoiler which had been floating around, never came to fruition. It appears that the whole mess with Horatio being in a plane crash may have just been an exaggeration of the van crash that did occur in the episode. For once, I was glad we didn't get a grand, nail-biting finale.
Elsewhere, Wolfe was back in the lab. Stetler is keeping a close watch over him and if Wolfe ever expects to get his job back, he's going to have to go through every case he ever had a hand in. All the way back to his patrol days before Horatio recruited him following Speedle's death. It's a tedious and slow story to put Wolfe into. I hope it doesn't keep up once the show returns, but it would be nice to see Stetler have a more frequent role in the next season.
Other things on my mind...
- I liked the case. It was interesting, all that stuff about the extra "Y" chromosome and how it's been referred to as the criminal gene. Having the sister turn out to be just as nuts was a little lame though.
- Now that the season is over, I'm going to ask the question I've already asked about a million times. Why was there no resolution to the "Wolfe makes a documentary" story?
- Oliver from The OC was in this episode! Does Taylor Handley ever play anyone who isn't a sleaze?
- At the end of a long day, does Horatio always climb up to the top of the building and chill out on the heli-pad?
- And what about Supervisor Scot O'Shay? Horatio never nailed him!
So that's it. Season five of CSI: Miami started with a bang when Horatio and Delko made a trip down to Rio to avenge Marisol's murder and it ended on a quiet note. Makes me wonder what's new and in store for the next season. 4 out of 7.
|1 - Worst||36 (5.7%)|
|7 - Best||187 (29.6%)|