October 2, 2014

Scott Patterson: In the Limelight

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 15th 2007 12:01PM
Scott PattersonIt may be unusual to devote an "In the Limelight" feature to a series regular on a popular TV show, but if you are like me, you have no idea in which TV series Scott Patterson appeared besides Gilmore Girls. You don't know if he ever was in movies or did theater work, etc.

Since Gilmore Girls is ending forever (sniff), I guess it's time we get to know Patterson a bit more as it may help us prepare for what he'll do next.

The 49-year-old actor was born in Philadelphia on September 11, 1958, but was raised in New Jersey. The actor studied comparative literature, but eventually dropped out in favor of baseball. Between 1980 and 1988, Patterson was drafted into the minor leagues as a pitcher where he played with the New York Yankees, the Atlanta Braves and the Texas Rangers (some sources also list the Los Angeles Dodgers) before ending his baseball career. He eventually studied acting with Robert Lewis and Sondra Lee, two renowned New York acting coaches. He even worked at The Actors Studio where he appeared in many stage productions.

He really started to work on TV and in movies in the early 1990s. TV fans may remember him portraying Billy, a man deemed "sponge worthy" by Elaine, on the famous Seinfeld episode "The Sponge." He also made guest appearances on many other TV series such as Silk Stalkings, Arli$$ and Will & Grace. Most of his guest starring roles consisted of him romancing one of the leading ladies. He also voices the character of Lieutenant Farraday in the animated series Justice League Unlimited.

Scott Patterson also appeared in various movies such as Little Big League (a movie that would keep him in his element: baseball) and Three Wishes with Patrick Swayze. He also starred in various made-for-TV and independent movies. In September 2007, fans will be able to see Patterson in Her Best Move, a family comedy about 15-year-old soccer prodigy Sara Davis. According to IMDb.com, he is rumored to appear in Saw IV.

The actor also has musical talents. According to Wikipedia, he co-founded a soft-rock band The Happy Birthdays with host Marc Summers.

To learn more about the actor, visit the following sites: Scott Patterson's IMDb page, Scott Patterson's Wikipedia page and Simply... Scott Patterson. The actor can be seen in the final episode of The CW's Gilmore Girls airing tonight.

mamabarbie724

I was so sad when I went to watch the FINAL show of Gilmore Girls, I thought it was the last show of the season since Lorili took over the productions. I simply Love Scott Patterson as Luke I was so hoping that he and Lorili would get married and have a little boy on the show. I was so glad the Rory got rid of Logan too. He was too much a partier for her. I would love to see Scott in his own tv show where only he can end it. Hey, He didn't give Lorili the necklace did anyone else notice that?? Oh well another good show gone, they don't make them like this anymore. Good family entertainment too.

May 16 2007 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I'll miss Scott and the show. I hope he makes a movie or something, I can watch. I don't do Saw movies or movies like that. I think elf may have lost it, but it made me laugh until I cried. I wish him all the best. I'm glad that he was a baseball player first. It fits him. The singing part I don't know about. I'll will check my baseball card too, and see if I have his, I've collected them form childhood. I would like to see him do a love story or and PI show, or play alex Cross in one of those James Patterson books. I would watch him in almost any thing that didn't have killing over and over and over again. I hope he dosen't do one them scary movies 5,6,7, and so on, that awaste of good film Donna

May 16 2007 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra

If you want to let SP know how much you appreciate and respect him, then join our campaign to support SP in his quest to get the role of Nathan Wallace / The Genetic Repo Man. After listening to an excerpt of the music from this Opera (which is bizarre but I still liked it), I really want to hear Scott sing it.

A few of us have put together a campaign to let the TPTB know that SP has a strong fan base. First of all we put together an Online Petition (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/scottpattersoninrepo) where you can sign and leave a message of support.

Also there is a LiveJournal (http://scott-campaign.livejournal.com/) page where you can post comments which we will be sending to SP through his agent. Again, please post and tell Scott that you support him!!

We are planning to send both the Online Petition (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/scottpattersoninrepo) and the LiveJournal (http://scott-campaign.livejournal.com/) web locations to all the parties involved (the Director and the Producers) and also printed copy of the same. We want to prove to them that SP has a strong fan base.

(BTW you should check out the REPO music at the REPO MYSPACE (http://www.myspace.com/repoopera) location.)

You can also send a letter to support Scott to the Director of both SAW IV (Scott's current film) and who will be the director for REPO: The Genetic Opera:

Darren Lynn Bousman
C/O Metropolitan Hotel
108 Chestnut St.
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5G 1R3
Phone: (416) 977-5000
Fax: (416) 977-9513

Or WRITE/CALL/FAX to the producers (who are the ones that are preventing SP from getting the role) and tell them to cast Scott!!:

Mark Burg

New York, NY 10012 USA
Phone (212) 669-5000
Fax: (212) 962-2872

May 16 2007 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

Courtney,

It's a standard joke that gets made every time something about Scott Patterson gets posted online.

May 15 2007 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah

I can report for certain that he is indeed in the movie Saw IV, being directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. He's in Toronto filming the movie as we speak. Scott is also auditioning for the lead in another Bousman-directed film, REPO! The Genetic Opera, a rock-n-roll macabre musical -- Scott singing -- big WOW!! There is a campaign to help him obtain this role. Here is the website for the petition. If you are an SP fan as I am, please click to this website and send your well wishes. The producers of the movie will be receiving (hopefully) a hardcopy of each person's well wishes for Scott. Here's the website: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/scottpattersoninrepo

Go, Scott, Go!! May the wind be at you back always and best of luck to upcoming series and film. Can't wait to see you on tv again. And thanks for 7 years' of wonderful Luke Danes' memories.

May 15 2007 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

Are we sure Elf understands this is not Scott Petersen - but is Scott Patterson, the actor? I saw somewhere else that someone confused the two - which is a tad odd....

May 15 2007 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justin

ha. i feel a little sad inside for laughing at that comment Elf. too soon?

May 15 2007 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaycee

Thank you so much, Justin, for the baseball card link. I am forever in your debt. I'm willing to see the soccer movie but not 'Saw IV'. Why if they harm a hair on SP's head...oh, never mind. Seriously, I love him!

May 15 2007 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

His character Luke's the best (grouch, very best friend, perfect man), thanks to SP. Good luck to him en el futuro.

May 15 2007 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply