24: Nominations for best/worst of day 6
With the two-hour 24 season finale days away, I thought it'd be a good time to start thinking about the best and worst moments of Jack Bauer's bad day, version 6.0.
I'm looking for viewers and fans to help me come up with nominations for the eight best/worst categories below. Next week, after the finale and after I read through reader comments, I'll post the nominations for each category.
If you've got some favorite moments, characters or lines you'd like to nominate for a category, mention them in the comments section below. Here are the categories:
1. Best villain. Should the "bad" terrorist Abu Fayed (remember him?) get a nomination as an outstanding villain? How about the former Russian general, Gredenko, who collapsed (died?) under the Santa Monica pier?
2. Worst villain. Should we give Chad Lowe's turn as a slimy White House aide who tried to kill President Palmer II a nod here? Or perhaps skanky Mark Bishop who used Lisa Miller in order to get intel for the Russians earned a nomination?
3. Best Jack Bauer move. This could be anything from the Bauer Slide -- a phrase coined by a TV Squad reader -- and the execution of Fayed in the warehouse, to torturing his brother.
4. Worst love triangle. The possibilities are endless here, unfortunately.
5. Best Jack Bauer line. This one's gonna be a toughie given that, for a large part of the middle of the season, Jack barely appeared. I'm looking for readers to suggest some personal favorites. (FYI: "Dammit," does not constitute a "line." It's akin to breathing to Jackie boy.)
6. Most under-used character. I plan on including Bill Buchanan and Chloe O'Brian in this category. Curtis Manning, maybe? Or, how about fan favorite Sandra Palmer?
7. Worst plot turn. Given the lamentations by critics and fans over the past several months, there could be many nominations from which to choose for this category. I suggest the introduction of the evil Bauer brother/father storyline, as well as the fact that Jack's sister-in-law has a thing for him. Sure, it's no Kim-being-chased-by-a-wild-animal, but it's close.
8. Best hero (aside from Jack). This would be too easy if Jack were in the running. But, other than our intrepid terrorist hunter, who deserves to be nominated for the most heroic character of the season?