July 25, 2014

Damn heels! Jenna Fischer breaks her back

by Anna Johns, posted May 16th 2007 6:27PM
jenna fischerApparently Ms. Jenna Fischer had a bit of a tumble involving some high heels and a marble staircase. Whitney over at Pop Candy is reporting that Fischer fell down some stairs on Monday as she was trying to maneuver in very high heels. Jenna broke her back in four places. She was in New York at the time and now is being cared for by her husband, filmmaker James Gunn, and The Office co-star, Angela Kinsey. You can send her a Get Well Soon note at her MySpace page.

The Office has wrapped for the season so her injury won't hamper her role as Pam Beesly, but it's going to be a crappy summer for sweet Jenna.

Tina

Sorry people...I must have seemed drunk.
I meant, "Actually, breaking anything in your back is always serious." Sheez...more coffee needed here :).

May 29 2007 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

Actually, braking anything in your back is laways serious. I broke my back in two places when I fell down a wet, stone staircase. I was told 6-8 weeks 'full recovery', BUT a few years later at 32, I have had two back surgeries (for fusion) with one more in six months...because the balance and strength were compromised, even though I exercised. Jenna, stay on top of your situation to avoid this possibility :).

May 29 2007 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
agentmichaelscarn

You scared the crap out of me.

Seriously, great lead in, horrible premise.

I hope this doesn't effect her tv/movie schedule, as I know that she's filming a movie and has a few others in the works.

May 18 2007 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
William

What's weird for me is that I have a cousin that interns at InStyle and she got to meet her just hours before her accident...

May 17 2007 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teddy

According to a news story, Fischer has four broken bones in her lower back, but is expected to make a full recovery in four to six weeks.

So it isn't quite as bad as it sounded, which is good, because it sounded pretty bad.

May 16 2007 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tess Capra

I wondered why she wasn't on *Conan* as scheduled. I certainly hope "broke" means "chipped" and that her future mobility isn't threatened.

May 16 2007 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

How awful. Isn't this, in some weird way, a very 'Pam Beesly' moment though? Besides the hospitalization, it's kind of adorable.

May 16 2007 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

I'm going to impress her with my compassion.

May 16 2007 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

>fell down some stairs on Monday as she was trying to maneuver in very high heels.

THAT old chestnut. Did she also "run in to a door"?

May 16 2007 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

I wondering if this is going to hurt the filming of her new movie-Walking Hard- OR are they finished filming? I'm not sure sure. Anyone?

May 16 2007 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply